Investigate what lexis males and females use to describe their former partner?

I'm currently doing a study based on the question above and would like to know what you think of your former partner! Could you please answer the following questions:

what does your former partner look like?
what was your favourite thing about them?
what was your least favourite thing about them?
who was the more dominant one in the relationship?
How long did your relationship last?
did you rekindle your relationship and did it last?
what was your relationship status? (E. g. Married, in a relationship, it's complicated)

many thanks

21

Most Helpful Girl

• What does your former partner look like? My partner was 5'1, she had mousy brown hair but she cut it short and dyed it purple, had glasses, usually wore short skirts and ripped leggings, liked tank tops a lot, also had a thing for bright pink lipstick.

What was your favourite thing about them? She was really confident and that was great for me because I wasn't.

What was your least favourite thing about them? She didn't like being told that she was wrong and she would close up and ignore what I had to say when I disagreed with her.

Who was the more dominant one in the relationship? She was.

How long did your relationship last? About a year.

Did you rekindle your relationship and did it last? No, I didn't want to.

What was your relationship status? We were in a relationship (but if you mean like on facebook, we both said we were single).

• Thank you for your response, you have helped me take the next step in my investigation :)

What Guys Said 1

• What is a lexis male/female?

What Girls Said 1

• 1) tall, blond, blue-eyed, broad shouldered, killer smile

2) he had a great sense of humour and wit

3) he was a bit entitled. Everythin had been handed to him because he grew up rich.

4) we were actually pretty equal but if I had to pick, it was him

5) we were together 19 months

6) we're trying the friends thing right now but it's not going well

7) we were engaged