How do I get through this?

A guy that I was previously infatuated with for a few years hurt me real bad recently. We don't talk all that much and aren't close, in fact, I have a burning hatred for him. Tomorrow is his birthday and I know for a fact I'm going to have to face photos, videos and posts about him, but how do I get through it? I already know it's going to hurt a lot

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Delete and block him completely off Facebook or any other social media... and don't think about him at all... don't see any photos not videos...

What did he do to hurt you by the way

• I can't exactly explain what he did although he constantly led me on and I genuinely cared about him more than anything in the world, I'd have to take care of him when he was drunk, go out and see him in the middle of the night when all he'd do is go for my friends right in front of me, I had to be there for him through everything and if I were to go for another guy, even when he had ignored me for months straight, he'd give me shit for it and spread lies about me, plus he's gotten with basically all of my friends and treated me like a stranger then and still does to this day

What Guys Said 2

• Get another guy. the old one will fade

• Don't use social media for tomorrow or block the notifications :)
    Stay strong missy :)

What Girls Said 2

• Just remind yourself of the fact that he hurt you. I think a lot of the pain comes from imagining what could have been or missing how good it was before; but try to remember the relationship for what it was. Focus on yourself and move on. There are better things coming for you :)

• And as others have said, deleting or blocking posts from/about the person can be helpful.

• Why do you have to see photos of him?

• People usually post funny photos or just photos with someone when it's their birthday

• Yep I do, but it isn't really an option to block him or else he'll know something is up

• Why do you care about what he thinks? He doesn't want to be with you and you say yourself you're not even close so I don't understand why you'd want to have him on social media. Especially if you dislike him.