Does my ex want me back?

My ex of 3 years broke up with me bc he just didn't want a relationship anymore and was stressed with school and family. It was a clean break up and we agreed to remain friends. A few days later out of the blue he turned into the biggest douchbag ever. I was shocked bc he was one of the sweetest people I know. I tried talking him back into the relationship and he'd turn me down and told me to let it go. He got fed up one day and told me never to talk to him again so i did as he wished. During that time that we didn't speak I'd hear mean things he would say about me and he made fun of the guy I was talking to for a couple days and called him a "downgrade" One day he messaged me telling me to leave him and his new girl alone. I had no idea what he was talking about and I told him he sounded dumb bc I didn't even know who his new "girl" was. Finally he stopped all his childish acts and I didn't hear from him for 4 months. Well yesterday he decided to drop by my work and while I got him what he wanted I didn't look him in the eye and had the straighest face ever. When I got off work I got a message from him saying "You seemed so glad to see me" sarcastically, I just went along with it and said "How could I not be" Then out of nowhere he started questioning me why I did what I did. I was confused at first but turns out one of his closest friends that dislikes me told him I cheated on him during the relationship and thats why he turned into such an asshole out of nowhere. I told him I was confused the whole time as to why he despised so much and that I understood why he hated me if he thought that but that it was his fault to believe rumors. He then told me he didn't hate me and that he wanted to be friends but that it was too soon right now. So I'm confused as to why he still wants to be friends? Is he hoping in becoming more than friends? Does it seem like he still has feelings?

02

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he had some feelings for you before he found out about the fake cheating, therefore he turned into the douche. Now that he knows you didn't cheat on him, he's probably confused, maybe he got with the "random new girl" as a rebound and still feels something about you.

What Guys Said 1

• He probably likes you still

• But he is the one that ended the relationship.

• Due to stress from family and school. It doesn't seem he had a issue with you other than just not being able to handle all 3 at the same time.

What Girls Said 0