Why do couples break up?

i know sometimes its about cheating, but why do you cheat, get bored of that person? didn't you like him/her before?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Im bored so I'm going to name all the reason I can think of on why a couple could break up
    CHALLENGE ACCEPTED
    1. You could be teenagers when you got together, then grew (matured) out of each other
    2. Rushed into a relationship without really knowing them
    3. Found someone else
    4. Family/friends don't like them
    5. Long distance, and you need physical contact
    6. Emotionally/physically abusive
    7. Cheating, like you mentioned
    8. They are mean to loved ones
    9. You can't handle issues like depression, eating disorders, etc. they may have
    10. Ignores you/doesn't show you enough love
    11. Embarrassed of you... I guess?
    12. ... Um... this is haaaard ;-;

0|0
    1|0
    • Aw yay thanks :D
      I'm sure there are 100s of other reasons including people's personal deal breakers but I just can't think of anymore :c

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• They realize that there are certain things that they need that the other person can't give them.

Other reasons include, as you said, cheating. There's also abuse, manipulation, and/or immaturity.

To much going on in life, like school, work, family problems, etc.

Disappointingly so, in some cases..."I'm pregnant!" "You're on your own. We're done."

0|0
    0|0
  • Lots of reasons. People sometimes jump into relationships without taking the time to get to know the other person enough and once they find out more about them they realize that they are not compatible.

Why do people cheat... well just because you are in a relationship does not mean you will never find anyone else attractive. Some people have less impulse control than others.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they realize that their genitalia wanted more than their brains ever did to do with each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • @JackKerouac77

^^ Ask him why he break up our bromance

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's no longer working out?

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they can't live with each other anymore.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• A lot of people confuse love with lust. Normally, new couples go through this "honey moon" phase in the beginning. You want to be together all the time. Talk to each other all the time. Think that your boyfriend/girlfriend is perfect. I honestly think that the reason why people fall apart so quickly is because in the beginning, you look past the flaws that the other person has because you like them so much. You are blinded by lust. Therefor, when the "honey moon" phase starts to fade, you start seeing the persons flaws because you are no longer blinded by lust. Less and less people are actually taking the time to get to know a person before getting into a relationship with them or hooking up. I think that this is the reason why a lot of people split up. Because instead of getting to know someone for who they truly are, they just jump into it and think that everything will be fine and that their feelings won't go away. Get to know someone before dating them and I don't think that people would have so much of an issue. Also, when things start to get repetitive, people tend to lose interest as well. Because there isn't the excitement and new things that there was in the beginning of the relationship. But then again, it is different for everyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you fall out of love , then you were never in love.

They break up for many reasons

-insecurity
    -trust issues
    -incompatibility
    -one is too controling
    -irresponsibility
    -different financial habit? One might be frugal while the other not.

-resentments
    -taking one for granted/neglecting the other.

Etc

0|0
    0|0
  • People who cheat typically do it for selfish reasons; whatever their justification is, it's typically just that they want to try something else but don't want to lose their relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • You basically realize that the person was not the right one for you and they came into your life for whatever purpose, and it is time to learn from the relationship and move on to new ones. It could be over cheating, or just not being compatible enough in any area.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they fall out of love

0|0
    1|0
  • There are a million reasons why a relationship, might not work out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Or. Guys are not ready to commit to a long term relationship because they are too young

0|0
    0|0
  • They loose interest

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause they turn gay

0|0
    0|0