My girlfriend cheated on me. What should I do?

I didn't know this but me and my friends were all talking and the topic of cheating came up and I asked my girlfriend has she ever cheating before. She said "Define cheating" I said cheating is cheating if you can't tell your partner" She said "I didn't physically cheat, The guy bought me lunch, drove me to work, called me at night, bought me a somethings" I said when did this happen?" She looked and said "Dont hate me but 2 months in the beginning of our relationship, We were fighting a lot you were never around so he showed up, he knew about you but didn't care. He just wanted to be there for me" I said "In ways that I couldnt?" Im pissed.. I dont know what to say we been dating for 8 months and she kept that from me for this long. What the hell else has she been doing?

34

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously this guy is trying to get into her pants. You need to find out if it went any further than what she says it did. Maybe not sex but there could've been a kiss or maybe an intimate hug. Once you find out if something more happened or nothing at all you need to figure out for yourself if you can be with her after she hid that from you. 6 months is a long time to keep something hidden from your partner. Also how long did this go on for before she stopped it? That's another thing you need to find out. If you can't trust her than you have no reason to be with her. You can't have a relationship without trust. That's not a relationship it's a prison. You'll feel like she's cheating on you all the time you guys will fight and that's no way to be with someone doing that makes you resent that person and makes you regret forgiving them if you come to find out that you can't let it go and can't trust her. You need
    To talk to her and find out everything before you make your decision.

What Guys Said 4

• I would break up with her, she knew what his intentions were and still hung out with him/entertained him.

• If that is all then he is just a friend to her just trust her and let it be.

• How is going to lunch with a guy and talking to him on the phone cheating?

• I didn't know about it

• Umm it's not insecurity it's the fact that she didn't tell her! If I was gonna go out with a "friend" I would tell my husband about it I wouldn't sneak around and do it behind his back like she did. That's wrong on so many levels. That right there shows there's a reason why I didn't tel him about it. And you don't know if she didn't do anything could've been as innocent as just going on a few dates or it could be more. She lied to her girlfriend about it for a long time than when the question finally comes up she tells her. That's bs. She should have been honest from the moment that it moment that it happened and just because they were fighting doesn't give her the right to do what she did.

• Your right

• Did she feel anything for him though?

• No, She said she never liked him, He was just there for her.

• Well that is a relief
      I'd keep her

What Girls Said 2

• Break up with her clearly. No one deserves to be cheated on... except one specific scenario in my opinion.

She sounds like she used the guy. And just because you two were fighting doesn't mean that she can find comfort in someone else giving her what she wants. How would she feel if you did the same? Not good, I bet. And what would happen if you two fight again? She might sleep with someone this time.

Dump her. She's not trustworthy.

• This is stupid! She didn't cheat on you because someone brought her lunch or take her to work. You are just looking for something to be pissed off at and the truth there's nothing to be pissed off at. Stop acting like kids and start think with your head before you take a decision that you will regret forever.