What does it mean when the mother of your ex tries to still be close to you although the relationship is over?

Her son did the breaking up. Do mothers usually try to remain in contact. My ex's mom still calls me, asks me out for lunch etc.

34

Most Helpful Guy

• It means that she thinks her son is a jerk and she would like to help the two of you get back together.

• why do you say she thinks he is a jerk?

• I thought this as well initially, but then i found out after us being apart for a few months my ex went and got married. He didn't have the heart to even tell me either. What a shame. Enjoy MHO!

• Thanks for the MHO!

He doesn't sound like much of a man. Perhaps his mother knew he was making a horrible mistake and was hopeful that you would be enough temptation to lure him away from the other relationship.

What Guys Said 3

• guess maybe it means they want u 2 get back 2 their sons..

• It might mean she's lonely.

• isn't it obvious...

What Girls Said 3

• I think she really cares for you. That's what I would assume.

• Sounds like she's a great person. Most mothers would take their sons side and would think you were an evil monster (even if the break up wasn't your fault).

It's a shame that her son didn't inherit her kindness.

• She probably really likes you ☺. I would say that's a bit weird, but at least you know she gots your back still 💪.