What the hell just happened?

I need an explanation, please! So, in a nutshell.. I met this really nice funny guy at college. He approached at me and he started talking, instant click! it was late so gave me a ride home. Then, friend request and texts later, we were communicating on a daily basis. Had so much fun, felt great. Weeks passed and I got to know his whole family and friends. He asked me to be his girlfriend and even if it was a little fast, I said yes. He seemed so involved and always had little details to make me feel good at his place. He told everybody we were in a relationship, too.
He suggested plans for months to come (like celebrating months, birthdays..) and liked the idea of lasting long.
Fast forward: Few days ago, something felt uneasy in my gut. We went out and cuddled and stuff, but then he told me he didn't feel ok. We met next day and told me he'd been struggling with a feeling like "love slipped away" WHAT? that maybe needed to be alone and didn't feel the same for me or the relationship anymore.
please, somebody, answers?

I like the idea of trying to talk this through... I mean, why making it official, involving family, friends, telling everyone, if then he simply lost interest?
But sadly, I haven't met him or talked at all, and it felt like he just dumped me.

54

Most Helpful Girl

• Bottom line here, dear, is with being that things moved 'Fast Forward' with the both of you, especially on his half, he suddenly grew cold duck feet with everything he told you and realized... He didn't want to be in a Real relationship and that the Big "C" which is Commitment, was a big too much for him to take.
    He probably, deep down in his Own 'Gut,' really cares about you. He is making lame duck excuses in other parts of his ponder pond, where he wants his space, but just isn't Ready nor Raring for a Relationship as two birds of a feather.
    Give him some time but don't wait around. Many of today's toms are sporadic, unpredictable and Will... Grow cold duck feet, one time or another.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 4

• That wasn't love that slipped away. It was initial attraction. He was initially attracted to you, and now you guys have reached the time when a relationship either floats or sinks. You should talk it through together, get things out in the open, figure out whether you can work on it, or should part ways.

www.ted.com/.../helen_fisher_tells_us_why_we_love_cheat

• It happens. It is annoying, even unfortunate, but it happens to both genders. Move on.

• Well, guys can fall in love in seconds. But it usally doesn't last long.

• He sounds like a great guy till u tell us he is nuts. either he found someone else or he needs his space because he is a serial killer!😀 either way fuck him tell everyone u dumped him cause he acts crazy

What Girls Said 4

• do yourself a favour and dont communicate with him, make him miss you. I think you have got to the slow burn stage where the butterflies cease to flutter and instead you just feel content around one another.

I think you need to back away and let him come back to you. I am sorry this has happened but make him wonder what you are up to, stay who you were when you met but from afar.

• I'm sorry i cannot get past you getting into a car with a stranger.

• It could mean anything. Why don't you talk to him. Know he could have met another...

• Basically you both rushed into a relationship way too fast, and now the novelty has worn off.

It's like when you buy a dress on impulse because you think it's amazing and gorgeous, and then you bring it home and you realise that you don't look as great in it as you originally thought. You begin to like it less and less, until eventually you hang it in the back of your closet and never wear it again.

Let this be a learning experience for you. Take the time to get to know a guy PROPERLY as a friend first before racing in!