An ex contacted me after 7 years and is still angry about our relationship. What is going on with him?

The conversation was pleasant at first and he even spoke glowingly of me. It derailed into accusations about my being jealous, verbally abusive, etc and those reasons being why we couldn't be together. I used to have a drinking problem and am now sober and doing really well. I apologised for hurting him but was surprised that he'd still be so angry after so long. I am a different person now, healthier, and happily married to a wonderful guy. When I spoke of my husband dude didn't even acknowledge it and just wanted to talk about us. At one point he brought up a girl I was apparently jealous of but I didn't even know who he was talking about! It was after I said that that he abruptly quit responding after we talked for about an hour. It was strange.
The conversation began with him saying he thinks of me and talks about how good I was at guitar to friends and that he thought he saw me the other day, etc. ( I live across the country now and he knows this.) He's obviously not over the relationship he had with me despite being, I presume happily, with a seemingly wonderful girl for a couple years now. He just seemed so raw, angry, and hurt. He alternated between apologising for treating me shitty and being accusatory/attacking me over really old stuff. All this threw me for a loop. What was this all about? What is going on with him?

31

Most Helpful Guy

• forget better... if he didn't change after 7 years... then maybe never

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• He had a break up, he is bored etc I doubt he had been mulling over this all this time so chill an don't stress about it seriously

• Its been 7 years and you said it yourself your happily married!!
    Youve already moved on. DO not even give him the time of the day. If it took him 7 years to realise that then his not even worth it.

• Damn straight! Dude can sadly stalk my fb but we are DONE! : D

• It's called mental illness... avoid him like the plague.