Guys, why would you want to remain "civil" after ending things with a girl?

I know there are multiple reasons depending on the relationship/people but what were some of your reasons?

8

Most Helpful Guy

• Because it all doesn't have to end like a Spanish soap opera. People grow apart, that doesn't mean you have to hate or disrespect each other.

What Guys Said 7

• Because we are likely to see each other often and it would be very uncomfortable to be less than civil.

• why not whats the point of holding on to useless aggression and bitterness you won't ever move forward and grow unless you can learn to let these kinds of things go the best way is to never catch then in the first place but i know most people can't do this so just learn to let it go

• Because i wouldn't want to hurt her anymore than i have before. Just because you break up with someone doesn't mean you have to be an ass to them and decrease your standing with relationships. Oh hey im a person that is kickass when asking someone out but then im a jerk when i break up with them... kinda foolish.

• I have had a really bitter breakup before with lots of ignoring and now am going through a 'civil' breakup.

I reallllllllly prefer this civil breakup. It's a lot less stressfull.

Please answer my question I just posted about it btw!

• Sometimes things just don't work out, but that doesn't mean I want to end it while fighting over everything. I rather end it on good terms unless it's impossible.

• Usually if the guy caused the breakdown up and is not entirely sure if the new relationship would last, then the option to be civil leaves the door open to come back if the new relationship fails.

• Reputation. To show other people that you can still be friends after a breakup. When i break up with a woman, I completely remove them from my life because i dont care about them, and rather focus my spare-time on family, friends and other women.