We broke up but he texted me today? Should I wait for him?

We broke up a little over a week ago because he said we grew apart but he still loves me. We work at the same place and today was his last day so everyone signed a card, including me. He texted me saying "thank you for signing my card. I appreciate it." when all i put was "take care". why would he text me when he wants me to move on? I also think he's just really stressed and has a lot going on so he needs time. He graduates from college next month and is doing school, working, and an internship right now. He all of the sudden says he might not ever get married or have kids because he is going into law enforcement and its hard for them to have a family, but he used to want that so i'm just so confused. He's acting so weird and I can't help but think that he just needs time and we can get back together. What do you think? We were together 3 and a half years and we only broke up because things changed recently.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Looks like He still cares about you, but he possibly has a new relationship that's not working out the way he hoped and your signing his card gives him hope that you might still be available for him, but he doesn't want to push his luck. If you still care about him and you don't buy his reason for breaking up with you, then you need to be honest with him and ask him the real reason for the break up. If he's stressed right now, give it a couple of weeks for him to settle down, but keep in touch, send him a short text, ask how he's doing. His responses might give you a clue if he has moved on and doesn't want you to bother him.

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe give him some space and see whats up in a month.

• Wives of law enforcement guys, are always worrying if he'll come home that night. I'm not saying all jobs aren't dangerous but, when you carry a gun for a living, it kind of well, elevates that possibility

What Girls Said 1

• NO.
    NOPE. DO NOT. DON'T YOU DARE. PUT THAT PHONE DOWN!!

When someone dumps you, you have go to gather your dignity and keep it moving. Don't beg or plead. Don't try to get their attention or remind them how much your worth. You should never have to try to "sell" your worth to a loved one. If they can't recognize all the exquisite divinity that comes along with your flaws, then they don't deserve your time and energy.

Don't hold onto the hope that you will get back together. Don't wait around, making yourself accessible, despite the fact that he gave up on you. HE LEFT YOU. He disposed of the relationship as if his feelings are all that matter. Delete and block him from everywhere and do not speak to him for one month MINIMUM, ignoring his calls and texts. Don't be that clingy, desperate, pitiful girl who looks like a poor, little, abandoned puppy from an ASPCA commercial :/ Not a good look.