Did your ex say mean things to push you away?

my ex told me recently that he didn't want me to think of him as arse hole and this cruel person. That he only said and did mean things to push me away because its the only way he could get over me and push me away.
Has anyone else ever experienced this. I reckon it would be pretty common.

42

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely! I have tried the mature shuttle approach and a lot of girls find it really difficult to take a hint. A lot of times I have basically gone from casual talking to screaming abuse just to get her to let me go. Typically the girls I dated the shortest amounts of time were the hardest to get away from.

• so we end up hating you and knowing therse nothing left and walk away. It makes sense but it hurts

• Yea. You don't hate them. well i know that i dont. You just end up really hurt. thanks for your input. its great to hear from guys.

• Thanks, no problem and i hope it truly was helpful. Girls have a lot of power over the outcome too. It depends what the break up was about though. Anyway thanks 😋

What Guys Said 1

• he sounds like a coward. He should man up and just say what is in his heart

What Girls Said 4

• Well, my ex didn't say stuff to push me away but the things he said really did push me away from him, like he said that i was cheating on him with my bestguyfriend and he even called me a whore! Yeah... Those words just killed me!

• i take it that you weren't doing that? thats really mean thing to say. My ex even acknowledged the fact that he had been a jerk but pretty much said it was for the best that he had been. I think if he had spoken to me kindly and explained the situation i would have accepted it. Instead he said it was easier if i hated him.

• you can do better. your so young.

• Thank you so much!

• I got that type of Scheiße from a man once. He just didn't want to take responsibility for his decisions. (We poor frail little women... ugh!)

• Yeah my ex would critisize me on how I look and dress, he'd constantly check out other girls in front of me and then tell me "why can't I look like them?" He'd invite me over then ignore me and not talk to me for the whole day I was there

• Of course BUT
    to use heavy marching boots on someone, esp. one they also said love words to... make them a hypocrite, since there's SO many other KIND ways to push away = you can NO LONGER believe ANYTHING he says, forever to be names The Manipulator

Avoid him at all costs