Ex boyfriend told me he's met someone else, how do you girls cope when you hear this?

My boyfriend and I broke up January time for no reason at all (I still haven't had closure), and since then I've struggled more than most to get over him. It hasn't helped that during this time, he's come running back a few times telling me he still loves me..
The last time he did this was a month ago..

He has major issues, this I know, but I don't think he's ready to admit this or even get help and even admitted to me that he can't handle a relationship because he's "broken" and is constantly depressed following the death of his dad late last year.

The other day my brain decided to overthink, causing me to out the blue ask him if he's seeing someone else because I need to move on... he replied "yes i have"... clearly to get rid of me I think?

What do you girls do when your ex meets someone else, when deep down you'd do anything to have them back and still love them, despite how much they've hurt you?

The easy response is to move on, but for some reason, I can't!

33

Most Helpful Girl

• what are the reasons that made you think you can't move on?

For one reason, yes you can.. it's all on your mind.. Change your thoughts.. how?
    Don't let your emotions control your mind.. Make it a balance.. Be logical in this scenario.. He is seeing someone else.. Why can't you? Don't believe his words when he said he still loves you, if he does, why is he with someone else? Action speaks louder.. Don't beat yourself up.. He is not worth it.. You're hurting yourself and thats not good..

Keep yourself busy doing something else, maybe volunteer, have a walk everyday, talk to your friends/family, meet new people, have a tour or travel to another place, focus on study, anything that helps or lift you to be more positive in life..
    You need to pamper and make yourself happy because you deserve it.. happiness is not in that guy, its in yourself..

What Guys Said 3

• This is the exact reason why I always make a clean break. Even if the relationship ended amicably I make a clean break. You should consider doing it yourself. Tell him you do not want to keep in contact with him and create as much space between the two of you as you can. Keeping in contact with him and not putting a lot of space between you two will make it next to imposable for you to move on.

• I whine on GaG.

• Go meet new people. Start a new activity. Delete this guys number, facebook everything. You'll never move on if you're constantly reminded of him.

What Girls Said 2

• Met someone else = he was shopping all that while so really you didn't make a sale with him, or he lied that he was sold on you

Good riddance, saved from another BS wild ride down fickle guy lane, let the next one feel the pain of being used, no longer you

Now you are free to shop for another that's more honest & fun

• You just have to stop talking to them, stop looking at their photos and daydreaming about them. Disconnect from social media and try hard to not ask friends about them.

It's tough, but it gets easier. When you keep torturing yourself, the pain drags out longer.