Will time really heal it?

Well I've been dumped 3 months ago from my first serious relationship, we were together 4 years. I see people are advising how after the breakup a person needs to be busy, hang out with friends, find a hobby, etc. But what if I already did those stuff while I was in a relationship? There is literally nothing I can find more to do to speed up the process of moving on. I had an amazing job and I still have, I had an amazing hobby and I still have, I often hanged out with my friends and I still do... There was nothing I didn't or couldn't do while I was in a relationship that I have time for it now. I don't want to do something that I don't like doing, so I'm basically just continuing my life, just without him. I just don't feel like if I did some drastic change with my life would help with anything. I like my life the way it is, I liked it with him as well. It's all the same just without him, and I feel empty. I still think about him every day and I still hope he changes his mind and comes back. So, will time heal it even without me doing anything?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• The simplest answer is
    enroll in dance lessons that do not require a partner
    matters not what type, so long as it's with partners... that rotate,
    e. g. ballroom, C&W
    It's distracting, physical sport that builds endorphins to overcome depression
    builds confidence... in time
    opens up a FRESH set of friends
    and the resulting socials (dances/parties for practice) are the medicine the doctor ordered for being "dumped" ... another word for being saved from a life with someone that either knows not how to love or only loves self

What Guys Said 3

• Dear, the deeper it was, the longer it will take to heal and, yes, it will take sometime and will hurt. Can't be much helped, even doing and having all those activities and interests you mentioned.

A broken heart is a terrible pain. But it will pass and you will recover and move on. On the other hand, it is also knowledge. Really makes you stronger after the pain.

Eventually, time will heal you, but the real deal of medicine for this is finding another love - and this is tricky, because people tend to be wary after heartbroken.

• Time doesn't heal, it just buries the pain. It will always be there in some shape or form.

• "Time is a great healer. Unless you've got a rash, then you're better off with ointment." - Holly

What Girls Said 2

• Yes time will heal it but if you're not going to do anything about it then you're just going to have to suffer feeling alone and empty for the time being. You are really only hurting yourself in this situation truly because life is what you make of it. But yes time will indeed heal your wounds and broken heart. It heeled mine from my first love that I knew for four years and dated on and off for four years. It took me about a year and a half to finally get over him. Yes I still think of him but the pain is not there anymore:

• Time heals everything