Is there any chances of us getting back together?

My relationship with my ex boyfriend is pretty complicated. We've known each other for almost a year and have been on and off for 8 months. The last time we were together was in April. I must admit I had infidelity issues because I always wanted attention and I believed that being with guys is where you'll find true happiness. In October he sent his friend to find out if I'd cheat on him because there were rumors. I fell for the trap by flirting with his friend and I considered in dumping him. My relationship with his other friends have went down the drain. My ex boyfriend's mother doesn't like me either. Despite all this he gave me a chance. In April I met a guy lets call him Drew. Drew was extremely handsome, has a job that makes $1,000 every two weeks promoting an app and the sex was amazing. This is amazing considering we're in high school as I'm seventeen. Most people (including my mom) makes only $200 every two weeks. My boyfriend and I had broken up but then we went back together and then I end up cheating on him with Drew even though I tried letting Drew go. Drew would always try and convince me he's the better match but in reality he just used me as a side chick. My ex also has plans on joining the marine and I didn't support him in fear of not getting to see him. Now I support him because of all the benefits it has and if you love someone you'd support them in anything as long as it doesn't harm them. Now my ex has a girlfriend, I've moved to another county two hours away and I've met an amazing guy but I still love my ex. I have done some maturing. I realized I don't need any guy to make me happy. I don't want to depend on anyone for money, working hard for your earnings is MUCH more rewarding. I've learned that the grass is not always greener on the other side. I've learned from my mistakes and I refuse to ever hurt anyone again because I know what it feels like and it's absolutely wrong to cheat on someone if you love them. My ex told me he doesn't know if we can be friends and he says he's never giving me a chance but just a few minutes ago he said he doesn't know.

12

Most Helpful Girl

• Would you give him another chance if he did this to you? When I was 15 I did this same thing to my first love. There was a rumor going around that he was cheating on me, so out of hurt and revenge, I started sleeping with someone else. It was wrong, on so many different levels and the entire time I was doing it I felt like a scum bag. However, I told him I cheated, and we worked past it. I found out about 2 months later that he had cheated again and instead of leaving him I went out and cheated again and again and it was routine until I finally felt so horribly about myself and him that I left him about a year and a half later. I still love him, as he was my first love. However, giving the cheating coming from both of us, I would never even consider giving the relationship another go. We were bad for each other, no doubt about it. We still talk often and have a good friendship, though we try to stay away from seeing each other where it takes a toll on both of us. I still think of him of him often and still wear the ring he gave me while we were both faithful to one another. And now, 4 years later, we both have families of our own. Both have kids and long term significant others whom we would never dream of cheating on. Sometimes you just have take a step back and realize that despite the love you have for someone, sometimes it just isn't meant to be. And sometimes, its better that you sit back and love them from a distance rather than being together and hurting that person because of your own selfish desires. I learned it the hard way, so did he, and eventually you will too. It really is true when I say that sometimes love is not enough.

• Thank you for sharing your experience I truly appreciate it. I understand where you're coming from. It's just hard to accept the fact that after all the beautiful moments you had with this person it's not meant to be. I have met an amazing guy. He's 18 years old and graduated high school, he just got a job, he has a car and he's going to college in September. He isn't exactly my type but his personality makes up for a lot as I can be myself around him. My mom also likes him a lot. Perhaps it can workout between he and I. But I want to take it VERY slow. I still need time to recover.

• Absolutely. It took me about a year to recover from him and I's relationship but with time and patience I was able to over come it and so did he. The love and memories will never go away. But sometimes holding onto those memories give you hope. Imagine how much love you have for him even while cheating on him. It was a lot, right? Now picture having all that love for someone else, while dedicating your entire being to that person. It happened to me hun. I'm madly in love with my boyfriend and would never dream of cheating or hurting him in anyway. But my ex, whom I loved dearly didn't make me feel the way my current boyfriend does. It will take some times. But just breath and hold your head high. You realizing and accepting what you have done is a huge accomplishment and step in the right direction.

What Guys Said 2

• u have to tell him that u fucked the other guy.

• I did that's why we broke up in April. I have always been honest with my ex boyfriend.

• then forget him , he won't come back to u to be honest :s

• U cheated flirting so ur gonna get that same shit back

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!