Girls, If someone walked away from you, over time the guy comes back hoping to get another chance?

He walked away with a legit reason. How should the guy go about it to regain your trust and get that chance?

8

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on:

1. How in love I am
    2. Why he broke up with me
    3. What did he do while we weren't together (dated or slept with someone else?)

Right now I think I'm in the same situation? I'm quite confused about my relationship status but if my ex wants to get back together, I'm 100% down for it and she's not really doing much... it's complicated. Anyways, if It was another ex, it wouldn't matter what they did, I would still say no. It really depends a lot on the 3 things I mentioned above.

• Referring to #2. Say he left because he felt like you where putting him off and not making effort or taking the time just to talk no matter how busy you are. Is that a legit reason?

• Thank you for your input.

• No problem, good luck!

What Girls Said 7

• just expect that she might be tough and not very inviting at first , dont give up , just give her time to think , when she gives you a hint or a chance to continue pursuing her , go on , you will find that she sometimes will want to be with you , and at times she will back step and be tough again , you have to be man enough to handle those emotional waves , but most important during that period while she is still confused and sometimes willing and sometimes not willing , you must be sure not to make anything wrong , be very trustworthy and clear, dont make anything that will make her doubt you or distrust you again. Be supportive and understanding. How long have you been away?

• Thank you for your input. I tried talking with her about the subject but she is not willing to talk about it and she now blocked me on FB so all I can do is move on with my life. She kept on putting me off because she was too busy and I respected that and understood it, is what I couldn't understand is how she felt like she didn't need to make the time to just talk, all of May, 4 text, that's it, if you are really into someone I believe you make time not use work as an excuse.

• It would depend on the reason he left, and the reason he came back. You can message me with the details if you want more specific advice.

But generally -
    Don't come at her with "I want you back" - too emotional/sudden
    Start conversations with her, and every so often drop in a compliment and some references to happy memories between you two. Let her know you're thinking about her. When it feels like she's starting to like you back again, ask her out.

• Sorry to hear that. As much as I want another chance, there is nothing I can do but live my life, if she comes back then she dose, I have faith and know that if it is meant to be then it will work it's self out. I was only standing up for myself and if she can't understand that, that's not my problem. I hope everything works out for you! Thanks again.

• No problem! Best of luck to you and your situation.

• First off, space is very important. If you left this girl in disarray, then she needs time. She may be very skeptical about letting you in because she doesn't know if you'll leave her again.

Secondly, time. Give her some time to think; don't force your presence upon her. She'll just keep backing away.

With these type of things, it takes understanding from both parties. She needs to understand your reason for leaving and you need to understand her reason for not trusting you immediately. Sort this out and I have belief things may sail a bit easier.

• I understand where you're coming from, and my apologies. I do hope you stay strong. Good luck!

• No need to apologize, that's life, right? Thank you!

• He wouldn't be getting one from me. I would have moved on.

• dont do it, i have been there done that with one man and i always seem to end up hurt, he moved on and so did i.. sometimes you can only love people from a distance.

• I vote he goes away & makes "that reason" work for him or find another new gal. He's Abused his chances with this one. Go Away!!

• if i love him certainly i ll give it to him but he have to beg and apologize of course ! just try your best