Girls, advice needed after a very odd breakup... anything else that can be done?

After several months of trying to date a girl via long distance, I called it quits via an email as I received zero feedback from her the entire time - literally not one compliment. The dates were pretty amazing too. But reaction towards me was always non-chalant. I really liked her, however, and thought that she was worth the effort. But I ended things because I thought it would come as a relief to her. To my surprise, she was shocked to get the email and sent me a long nice responce back about why she held back. She said that she was sad that we weren't going to attend the event that we had planned to go to in early July. But she said goodby at the end of message and wished me luck. So after about a week of feeling conflicted, I responded and suggested that we still attend the event as her email explained a lot. She never responded to my latest note either way. So my question to the women reading this is, do I just let things stay as is, or do i try one more time with a hand written note or something grander like flowers? I don't want nor need to look desperate (I'm not), I just really liked her. I just really think that we did not communicate very well until the final emails, and I really want her to attend the event!

5

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes reach out once more for you... Its never easy when someone drops off the face of the planet after making so many pins for the future... miss you bunches 999!!! Still waiting to be reunited...

What Girls Said 4

• I think it's a good idea to contact her - but don't go overboard with the romantic gesture (note/flowers) or you may push her away

• I think you should write her a note and attend the event if you know for sure she will be there. Explain your feelings and then let things simmer down. You should at least stay good friends. Hope this helped!

• Communication. Both of you were hurt.
    Try one more time, if not, that's it.

• i hope you already sent her a letter!!! that would be sweet, but don't over do it you might scare her away! make sure you tell her that you "feel" that you didn't communicate with her correctly and that you feel sorry for hurting her feelings.

i hope things go well, wish you the best of luck!