Why does my ex want to persistently be friends and run to me with all his emotional problems?

I found out that my ex was cheating on me with his ex (that he date for 4 years) and broke up with him in a heartbeat. I told him how he made me feel and cried it all out to him about how selfish he was and everything and he apogized in tear saying how bad he felt. When I asked why didn't he tell me to begin with, he said that our relationship was perfect and amazing, and that he didn't want things to end. I told him that I wanted him out of my life & cut contact. A month or two later he snapped me to come over and bring dinner. I knew his truck was in the shop and that he was stranded, and if I was in this situation, he would bring me food so I went over. I went over with intentions to just drop off the food for him, but when I got to his place he asked why I was leaving. I stayed for awhile, trying to be friend because we were life long friends. When I got up to go to the restroom he thought I was leaving and told me I didn't have to leave yet, it was around 1 am at this point. I left 30 minutes later. I realized I was just going to fall for him again so I cut it off until I had a break down a couple of months later and he was the only person I could talk to. A couple days after my break down he fixed my car. After fixing my car he texted me that he really enjoyed getting to hang out with me & that he missed it. A few days later he called me telling me he really needed someone to talk to. I went over for him to BAWL his eyes out to me about how much he missed his father that had passed about a year ago & then proceed to tell me that karma bit him in the ass. HIs ex that he cheated with on my got into a serious relationship with this guy & he realized that he really loved her. HE TOLD ME THAT HE WAS STILL IN LOVE WITH HER TO MY FACE. I blew up on him. I asked why he could tell the girl he loved all of this and he told me that it was different with me (WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?) I know he doesn't want to be in ANY relationship but why does he run to me wi
0
3