Why do girls get so mad when their friend dates their ex?

I just don't understand that at all. Okay you and your boyfriend broke up and don't wanna be with each other anymore but when your ex boyfriend starts dating your friend, you get so damn mad and start saying"Friends don't date their friends ex's!" and then their friendship ends all because of a damn boy!

well I'm just asking this question because sometimes I just think its not worth it and I never had to deal with this problem and I'll never will so yeah lol

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if the girl still has feelings for the guy she may feel betrayed by her best friend. Which is why I believe most people prefer to be asked if it is okay to date the persons ex before actually doing it.

What Guys Said 2

• Its your own fault for not caring about your friends feelings. You know if roles were reversed you would prob feel the same way. You ended your friendship because of some damn boy.

• I kicked the sh*t out of my friend for sleeping with my ex after she broke up with me. I am still in love with her, and she's just a tramp. He knows what she means to me, yet still didn't stop him from f***ing her. Not cool. Maybe his broken nose and jaw will make him think twice about doing anything like that to a friend again.

What Girls Said 3

• You just don't do it. It looks like you were hawking her guy the whole time, just waiting for the breakup.

Also, just because two people breakup doesn't mean they both wanted it. Probably one did and one did not. Sometimes even the one who did the breaking up can wonder later if it was a mistake and maybe they should get back together. A lot of people have trouble after a breakup seeing their ex with another person because it reminds them of what they had at one time and how it all went wrong.

Don't assume when people breakup that all feelings are gone and it's like those two people were never together. Even if people act one way in public, they can have very different feelings underneath that they just are not going to put out there.

• they have history together. either she still has positive feelings for him, or she has negative feelings towards him. either way, you put your friendship second, and a meaningless fling with a boy first. seriously, this relationship will last all of what? 2 months at the most? definitely reason enough to throw away a great friendship.

you're still young, the best advice I could give you so you don't get yourself in similar situations like this, put yourself in their shoes. how would you feel if this happened to you? if you do that, then perhaps you won't be as selfish in the future.

• beacuse it is just wrong..it violates the "girl code"