How do I open communication?

Ex dumped me a year ago without giving a reason. I'll hear from her randomly at least once a month. How can I reopen communication and see if there's any chance at reconciliation. I thought of maybe texting her to say i miss her or something along those lines but itll probably be to direct. Any ideas on how to approach this?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't text her man... I'd be embarrassed for you if you sent a "I miss you" text.

I don't know what you mean by hearing her "randomly once a month". Does she contact you, or are you stalking her?

I'm guessing you're stalking her.

It's been a year, that should be enough to know what to do.

• No, no stalking involved. Its literally random whether its a text, email or call.

What Girls Said 1

• You could go that route and maybe she feels the same... or you could simply text "thinking of you" or "you're on my mind" "and I wanted to say hello" "just wondering how you're doing"...

What Guys Said 3

• Okay she broke up with you, but do you want her back or do you just want a proper closure? If you only want proper closure then why do you really want to re-open communication? If you want her back, then she has to respond or reciprocate your efforts, she has to want the same otherwise I don't think there is much you can do. Just keep trying, I can't really give you expert advice, but good luck.

• This is a bad idea.

• I would walk up to her and say hi. You want to be friends. If she refuses that there is little hope.