Do I message him or wait?

Me and my boyfriend just broke up last night, and I am not sad about it I'm just pretty calm lol I mean he broke up with me. And told me not to talk to him. But we've been dating for a year and a half. Do I message him? (Usually when it's over it's not really over) i don't want to be the one to message him if he told me not to and then for him not to reply. And he told me to basically f*ck off.

• Yes, message him!
  • Wait until he messages you.
  • Give it a while, and then message him!
    Vote C

92

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't message him when he told you straight up not to. It sounds like he's pretty angry/fed up and needs space. Respect his desire for distance, if he wants to talk to you he will.

Besides, why do you want to keep talking to someone who ends a year long relationship by telling you to eff off?

What Guys Said 2

• Message him just once and see but it would be a risk, because he told you not to. If your effort doesn't yield any positive sign or result then wait for him to message you and start talking again. Hence it would be a risk, so be careful and be prepared.

• Just don't message him

What Girls Said 8

• Definitely wait till he messages you, after all he's the one who broke up. Not to mention why do this whole on and off thing.. he simply told you not to message him, and if he told you to f-off- don't give him the slightest attention, that's just rude. Don't give someone your attention when they're being disrespectful not to mention broke up with you.

• If he told you to fuck off basically and asked you not to talk to him then I think it's pretty obvious that you shouldn't contact him.

• Where is the option for delete his info and don't ever message him? Sometimes we need to let go. There is no reading between the lines/hidden message in what he told you, I'm afraid. Over is just... over.

• Don't message his sorry @ss! The ball in his court to decide what to say/do from here. Make him sweat!

• If it's like the other times and it's not really over, then he'll message you in due time. Wait it out. If he doesn't message you, guess it's really over this time!

• Leave him alone. He made it clear he wants nothing to do with you anymore

• Defiantly do not message him. Guys aren't like girls at all and 99% of the time say what they mean, especially when it comes to serious situations such as this. If you message him, he could just reply saying to leave him alone again. The last thing you would want to do is make him upset even more. When ever I try to make a conflicting decision, I put myself in their shoes and try to imagine how the other person might be feeling. This will help you to judge on whether or not you should do something. All you need to worry about right now is you :) Hang out with friends and make plans! Distraction is the perfect remedy to break-ups ^^

• If he told you to f*ck off, leave him, he's not worth it!