He broke up with me but told me he loves me and to give him space? A little help here?

My boyfriend broke up with me after we had a few arguments over the same topic. I found out he was flirting with some girl via text when we first started dating one time and it never happened again. Ever since then I've been so insecure every time he would get a text. We would get into little arguments over it that would then blow up. I feel so bad for pushing my insecurities out on him. I was the one he was with. I was the one who he loved. After an argument over the same thing he broke up with me. Saying it is done. That he loves me but it's unhealthy to be aruging like this. That everytime we fight it hurts him and he doesn't have any more chances to give. I asked if we were done forever and he said he doesn't know what will happen down the road and that he needs space. I feel terrible to have hurt him but my heart is breaking and I don't know what to do from here? I want another chance... how do I get one?

I forgot to add his father passed away in March. I was there holding his hand when we found out at the hospital. I was there holding his hand at the funeral. I went to every family wedding with him and did whatever I could to be there for him. Father's Day is coming up and I'm not sure what I should do if anything?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• If he wants space, your best chance (if there is one) is to give it to him. Don't text, don't call, don't message. Give him the time to miss you and remember the good things you had instead of the arguments.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 3

• What's a "few arguments" over this topic? Like, was it every time he got a text you asked him if it was from that girl from before?

• No it was about once a week over any girl who texted.

• i think he has a lot to deal with especially his own emotions, i dont think you should dwell on what you could do for him; instead learn from your small mistakes and work on you. dont let anyone have control over your emotions, if the relationship was a priority space and break ups would be irrelevant. who knows maybe you will meet someone better! take a chance and try.. *hugs and good luck*

• Just because you breakup with someone doesn't mean the feelings automatically go away

• Is there a chance of getting back together?