Anyone out there who doesn't cheat and never will?

So I was just cheated on, majority of my friends have been cheated on and I hear stories all the time about people being cheated on. I know I would never do that to someone... it hurts like hell and it is very dangerous healthwise. To me it shows you have no respect for yourself or your partner. Anyone with me?

1724

Most Helpful Guy

• I understand exactly how you feel. I don't understand what is so hard about remaining faithful. I have actually been made fun of for saying I would never cheat because so many people do they think everyone cheats at some point. It really bothers because it makes me fear I will never find a woman that won't cheat.

Just look at all the responses about how they think anyone is capable of cheating, or some other nonsense like that. What is so hard about not having sex with someone outside your relationship? If things are that bad then just break up.

• Trust me you will find a women who won't cheat and I will find a man who won't cheat. I believe there are many people like us out there that think about consequences before they act on something. It makes me sad how you had been made fun of since where I come from cheating is so looked down upon. Wish everyone saw it that way.

What Guys Said 23

• I've been cheated on and it's the worst. And yet I have personal friends who have cheated so I can actually see how and why it happens... with the understanding that women tend to cheat for very different reasons than men.

My advice is to not take it too personally. It's best to put yourself in their shoes for a while, feel what they were feeling, and feel the fear/excitement they were feeling when they were cheating. It's easy to see why people would chase that rush of excitement, and why they wouldn't spend any time thinking of the consequences.

But that doesn't make it okay, obviously. It ruins trust and relationships can't survive without trust.

So it sucks, and I'm sorry to hear about your "breakup"?

:(

~ Robby

• I actually was in their shoes at many points in time. I felt the excitement of another person who wanted to sleep with me. Someone else who I was extremely attracted to. Guess what.. I said no. It's not hard. I have respect for myself. So no I actually don't see why someone would chase that and that it's "easy". I am secure with myself and I don't need another person to help me feel sexy and wanted. I know my worth.

• I like the way you think @bobair.

• Good for you! I wish more women could let go of such harmful men.

• I haven't cheated and I won't cheat.

BUT... I have seen people put their partner in situations almost encouraging them to cheat, because they refuse to take any responsibility for their partner's needs and desires, and use their partner's situation (kids, income, etc.) to force them to stay in the relationship. While I absolutely don't condone cheating, people who put their partner in that kind of situation aren't any better and don't hold the moral high ground themselves.

Someone who cheats because "I was bored" is a scumbag, but someone who cheats because "my partner ignores me, won't work on the relationship with me, won't go to counselling with me, won't even try to meet my sexual or emotional needs, but won't let me out of the relationship" I can have some sympathy for.

• You see. I was a very caring girlfriend. Seriously I always thought of my boyfriend before I did anything. My boyfriend went on an innocent trip. I wasn't invited. I was in school. He cheated. Came back and pretended nothing happened. I found out. Dumped him. He told me that he hasn't been happy in our relationship for a while. Never said a word to me about being unhappy. He probably tells everyone else that I made him do it because I was "neglecting him" or "not filling his sexual emotional needs". Which is absolutely untrue. Be careful what you believe. There is never a justification. It sucks enough to have this done to you but to be blamed for it is just inhumanely cruel.

• I wasn't blaming you - I'm just saying those things do happen sometime. In your case, he was completely at fault if he was unhappy and said nothing. You aren't a mind-reader either. Really, he's just selfish and self-centered.

• I meant that he blamed it on me because he said he wasn't happy and that I was neglecting him. If you heard the story from him he might make it seem like I made him do it. So just be careful believing people without knowing the whole story.

• My ex wife cheated on me with many men.
    That was more than a decade ago, and that's the ONLY involvement with cheating I'll ever have.

This month I'm celebrating 9 years married to @GraySailorsBride .
    Nine years of love, faithfulness & fidelity.

• Never have never will. I actually get phsically uncomfortable at the thought. Knowing that it would cause pain to others (especially to someone I care about) to damage not only my reputation and how others see me but how I see me. The long term consequences of it, it will cause damage to the persons future relationships and because of the fear of being cheated on again cause emotional damage to the other person in said persons relationship. Imagining trying to explain to my future child that I betrayed another persons trust just for a brief moment of titillation, is quite honestly terrifing to me.

• I feel the same way. I guess we are of the select few who are mature enough to think of consequences before actions.

• Its the world we live in. It tells us that its okay to be selfish and not think of others. Its a shame.

• I totally agree with you, if they actually had some respect for you as a person then they would never cheat in the first place because they would not want to hurt your feelings in any way. If a girl cheats in anyway, as small as it is, her ass is going to the fucking whore curb.

• No body is perfect, I believe anyone is capable of cheating under the right situation. Some people would never plan the cheat. An innocent friendship turns a little flirty and they don't think much of it. One thing leads to another and they give in to temptation.

It does not make it right, but understand that we are all only human allows us to stop ourselves from getting into these situations

• I highly disagree. Not everyone is capable of giving up everything they have with someone and causing irreversible pain to an innocent person who was nothing but a respectful and loyal partner. Cheating is never a mistake it is a conscious choice. Anyone who think else wise has serious character flaws. People like you are the reason why everyone has trust issues now a days.

• Actually I've always said I would never cheat. I had many chances. Trust me I felt temptation. Guess what never did! Wrong again sir.

• how so? I never have cheated and never will, I do not see how one can make a logical conclusion of me being more prone to cheating simply because of this statement?

• I'll never cheat. If I wanna be with more than one person I just don't start a relationship, it's simple. Cheating is never good.

• im sure they exist.

• Apparently, my family is full of cheaters. The parents, anyway.

It really screws with my head, gives me the idea that when I finally get into my first relationship, I'll be cheated on. I personally wouldn't because I've gone so long desiring something real. Something special.

Time has made me patient, chipped away at my naïve nature, and gnawed at my hope. Dramatic, I know, but I'm just another hopeless romantic.

• Raises Hand

,,,

• I knowingly had sex with a woman who was taken.

So far, the worst I have done in terms of cheating is being kissed by a woman at a party (and going with it), when I had a girlfriend. I told my girlfriend (who had done the same herself, with a guy), and she broke up with me.

I don't think cheating is a great strategy. And I wouldn't want to be cheated on.

• I also nearly loaned my appartment to two separate couples of cheaters who were looking for a love nest.

One guy seemed a bit naïve and smitten: I don't think he understood what he was doing.

The other guy seemed like a selfish asshole. He knew full well what he was doing, but only cared about his own fun.

I ended up saying no; I feel bad for their partners.

• i would never cheat. I've been cheated on and it sucks. if you don't care about the person then you shouldn't be dating them in the first place

• I could never look myself in a mirror again if I did that.

I stuck around when she cut all contact between us for a month and a half. Things are stronger now than they were before our separation.

• I would never cheat my girlfriend. I never cheated my ex.
    What i normaly do now that im single is flirt with many girls who i find interesting. The girl who shows more interest in me too, is the one who i invite to go out and know better than i decide if i love her or like her as a friend.

• Its just sex, calm the hell down. I think excusive monigomus relationships are a joke. Yeah it was ok in the past but so was racism and intolerance.

• I swear to God that I will never ever cheat on my future wife.

• I know girls would never believe it but i would never cheat on her once im with her she's my everything i wanna love her care for her. Seeing her smile would warm my heart

• I have been lucky, it seems. Don't plan to cheat, not my cup of tea.

• I would never cheat on anyone.

• Yes. I'm with you. I never will cheat. I have the most amazing girlfriend ever. And I live her with all my heart. And as long as she always loved me I wanna marry her and love her the best I can til I die

• I will never cheat on my fiancee. It took me almost fifty years to find her. I'm just glad she loves me!

• I don't and won't

• I have not cheated. Been 33 years. But your generation has problems. In the past cheating didn't happen nearly as much but your generation through out religion, the sanctity of marriage, morals to a large degree, gender roles and many other things. Many aren't happy today so Imwonder how smart it was to change those things that worked for so long. Meh, its your generation, you guys need to figure it out.

• I completely agree. I think our generation has a lot of problems. It seems to be a very selfish generation.

What Girls Said 17

• Seriously, if you're looking for a guy who won't cheat on you, I've got the secret formula.

Avoid:

-Hot
    -Well-known/Popular/Famous
    -Rich/Doing well financially

Yeah, I know what that leaves you with. But think of how many women the above dudes appeal to. All a woman has to do is offer sex, and a guy will cheat. Guys will deny it, and they will have a problem with my telling you this. But I've had guys admit it to my face when I told them this theory. So, you want the least attractive dude as possible. Either that or you want an older guy who has been through all that and is past it or needs too much viagra to cheat on you.

I'm a prude when it comes to sex anyways, so not cheating is no big deal to me.

• sure ill never do it, nor will i do it or even tolerate the possibility of it.
    i hope u recover from that experience soon. sorry to hear =/ xx

• I've been through it (a fair share of it anyways) and to put someone in that position, is something I'll probably will never do. I don't like being cheated on and I definitely think the person I'm dating wouldn't like it either.

• Never say never. While I have never cheated, or cheated on, I can see the gray in certain situations. Some people feel so disconnected from their partner, yet still want that person, but may find someone else giving them attention. And after failed attempts at explaining their needs may find themselves sucked into the beginning of an emotional affair. Is that person evil? Scum of the Earth? I don't think so. It definitely sucks that you had to experience that heartache and I don't know all the details, but take it as something to give you strength and realization that you deserve better.

• I could see emotional cheating. But physical cheating there is absolutely no excuse. Is someone that would turn outside of the relationship to solve their problems as well as put my health in danger (I almost lost my fertility due to my ex) Scum of the earth? I'd say so.

• Sorry that happened to you. I have cheated (realized I was not in love with person I did later in time) and been cheated on. I have been faithful to my last guy because I was so in love. If you are in love, you dont want to ruin it. If you aren't, temptation is easier to give into.

• I'm with you 100%. I think cheating just shows you have no morals at all. No dignity and no respect. I feel like cheating is only for the weak who can't handle just breaking up with their partner if they're not longer feeling the relationship. No one seems to care how much it hurts to have the person you love cheat on you with someone else.

• i would NEVER cheat!

• I truly believe I wouldn't be capable of cheating. & if any guy ever dares cheating on me, poor him because I'll make sure to make the fucker regret it.

• I would NEVER cheat. It is a horrible thing to do and it can never be justified.

• I have cheated... I told one of my bestfriends that she was my bestfriend and then told another the same thing!! how do I resurrect such a wrong? ahaha

• I haven't been in a relationship before, but I know that I'll never cheat on anyone I'm in a relationship in the future.

• Totally agree with you. I would never cheat on my man. And he's told me he will never cheat on me and I believe him.
    And he's a really bad liar so I could tell if he had.

• I would never cheat

• cheating is not my style, but I do get bored so easily that I'll probably dump a guy first

• Its probably the worst thing you can do.. so yes I agree with you

• Even someone tries to cheat on me, i still never would cheat back cuz that would be stupid and childish with no morals at all.

• GAG is a place filled with morally upstanding individuals. People of the highest character and they would never ever cheat. LOL