How do you get over the guilt and anxiety so you can break up with your boyfriend?

36

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't love him anymore, it's no use staying in there. Leading him on.. delaying the process... wasted time, you know that
    The longer you wait the painful
    Put a list of what makes your relationship fall apart, and realize that it's no use fixing it, if you already really tried hard to fix it

Good luck

• I did it and got it over with. It took me getting past my anxiety to do it but I did it. While I was breaking up with him he reminded me of one of the things I disliked about him.. The relentless begging. I stuck to my guns and now I'm wondering why I didn't do it sooner. :)

• Awesome girl!!
      *highfive*!!
      *virtual petting on the shoulder* you deserved it
      I'm glad you made the decision, glad I could help

What Guys Said 5

• Time is a greatest healer :)

• Just do it - don't prolong the agony

• You make some brownies and write in frosting "We're over." and then give them to him and walk away. He will be upset that it's really happening but also happy because you make good brownies.

• Don't think about it and just do it

• Easier said than that but think about the reasons why you want to break up with him in the first place and why it's best for you to do that

• It's like ripping off a bandaid, just get it over and done with quickly, say what needs to be said and it's done.

What Girls Said 3

• Time to end the madness here, dear, and face to face, sit him down and tell him what has probably already been the Inevitable. Explain to him, missimperfection, that you both are still young and that you are not ready for a Real Relationship at this moment in time, and you are hoping against hope That... You both can be friends.
    Good luck... Begin your beguine tomorrow. xx

• I bit the bullet and got it over with. I felt so much better after like a heavy weight was lifted off my shoulders. :) He did as I expected and begged me to stay. I didn't but into it though.. I found that once I got it out there I was determined to not change my mind no matter what he said.

• Good for you, sweetie, now relax this weekend, it's over. xx

• You think of all of the bad things he's done to you and just wallow in those bad feeling for a week, then you'll be able to break up with him feeling sure that you've done something right for yourself.

• Guilt... because you feel bad breaking up with him? If so, why? If not, why do you feel guilt?