Girls, is my getting interrested again?

My ex broke up with me 10 months ago. She was the love of my life. The break up wasn't messy or anything. She just didn't "feel it" right now, even though that deep down she knew that her and I were meant to be.
So now, after almost 8 months of No Contact she has reached out. She congratulated me on my new job, and we texted back and fourth a bit. She even said "let me know if you want to come over and say hi"... I tried to skip over that part of her text and we texted a bit more about random stuff.

I haven´t heard from her in 2 weeks, so now I texted her. We just talked a bit last night. Nothing major. Just chit chat. It went very well I think, but I was kinda hopeing that she would be the one to make the first contact again.
Then today I was in her neighborhood so I asked if I should drop by for coffee. She said she was at school so she couldnt. Something tells me that this isn't entirely true... I dont know why I feel that... Lets just call it a hunch..

Now I kinda feel that she wasn´t really that interrested after all.
Am I reading to much into this?

3

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they don't and can't Make up and that it's Good-bye, my love forever. And with an "EX" who still Marks an X in her own softie spot here, dear, there comes a time when they also may change their mind With... Something tells me that this isn't entirely true.
    In the beginning of her beguine, with her sweet talk and actions that almost were louder than her own words, it seems she grew cold duck feet and got scared when she saw that things were getting a bit too close for comfort. With thinking it over more carefully, it seems with perhaps a lame duck excuse, she has had a change of heart.
    Contact her and make it light and semi sweet. Tell her it would be nice if you both could just hang out sometime and tell her to give you a call when she is free, it doesn't have to be anything fancy, coffee is fine.
    I believe she was 'Interested,' but just got feeling she was taking the plunge again too fast.
    Good luck. xx

• Thanks for your reply. Do you think that not reacting to it when she first told me "let me know if you want to come over and say hi" could have given her the cold feet?

My mind keeps going back and fourth between the 2 scenarios.
      Either she really did become interrested, and maybe got cold feet.
      Or she just needed to get an ego boost/felt lonely and thought she would use me to feel better.

• I dont understand what would have caused her to get cold feet...
      Anyways... I guess the ball is in her court now. If she really is interrested she can make contac again

• Ah, okay, I see the part about skipping over this and she may have been hurt too and then reconsidered as well, may have grown cold duck feet during it all, and just confused now... Contact her again and see if you can set up a lite and semi sweet hang out... xx

What Girls Said 2

• she is bored, using up old stock

• She's probably lonely and just wants some attention. She knows you will Give it to her

• That thought has also crossed my mind a thousand times. Was it wrong of me to ask her for coffee?