My (baby mama) partner decided that she needs to find herself after we been together 8 years and we have a daughter that gonna turn 3?

73

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to let this relationship go. Unfortunately this is a common issue among people who get together so young as you didn't get a chance to live your own lives, meet/date other people, etc. Not everyone will feel this way, but many will feel trapped and a need to explore. However, she should've chosen to do so while she was single, not drag you through her lying and cheating.

This has been a pattern that has continued for 8 years and is not getting better. You don't trust her, and you also don't feel safe with her. At any moment she will get up and leave. You need to see what a real relationship could be like with a woman you trust.

• All her friends telling her she trowing away her family to be with another guy that only wants her for sex
      And everyone telling she taken me for granted and that should move on and don't turn back but I appreciate your comment

• It is true @vmw2008 's comments. Young relationships like yours, so much, so soon, usually cannot last. People grow and change so much and not having time to really be young before having to be grown up is harder on some than others. However, her treatment of you and behavior make me think her character and values is at a very low level. She is throwing it all away. And guess what, when this guy dumps her butt, she of course will try to be running back into your arms. The strength we talked about earlier? You will have to be the most strong you have ever been to tell her no, I don't want you back, I have moved on.

What Girls Said 6

• It's quite Obvious here, dear, that being she was a 'Baby' herself, your Other half is feeling it's time to spread her wings and do some living before she grows old and gray.
    However, with wanting to 'Find her self' I am assuming you are Not included, that she just wants it to be the two for her and Not... The Three Musketeers at this time.
    Take a break from one another. I don't know if you both are living in this place together or what your story is. It seems you both need this time apart so it doesn't end up... War of the Roses at least Right away or not at all, if it can be helped.
    We all need our own space and with her having this baby who is growing up Fast before her very eyes, it's no surprise to me that she now wants to do something for her and if you fight her on it, she will just get rebellious and this will make things worse.
    Just make sure she does the right thing with your daughter and somehow compromise so things don't get too unpleasant for the little one who never asked to be born.
    Good luck. xx

• You guys are already young, so if you have been together 8 years, that means she's never gotten to explore (unless she has cheated) and wants to do that. My advice is to let her go explore, but don't take her back, at least not easily. Why? Because she's taking you for granted.

• We both gonna be 23 and yes she has cheated on me before we was both 14 when we meet

• There are a couple of things I think you need to look at and consider here. The first being, why do you again want to fight for a relationship with someone who has lied, cheated and left you over the past eight years? Seriously, think about it and list your Top 3 reasons that motivate you to continue to fight for this relationship in a reply to me... I want to help you in a thoughtful way and it might require a bit of back and forth if I ask questions... I hope that's okay.

• You mean to private message you? Or in here the comments

• I don't know why you can't message me... that's weird. Ohhh I think it's because you're anonymous on this post. But did you just follow me a few moments ago? If so, I can try and message you.

• Yes I did follow you

• She is in crisis or something I believe. Don't let her go. I mean we all have those moments. Do we need to quit all the time?
    Just say you are there for her. Give her some space. She needs to think clearly.

• You can't hold on to someone who doesn't want to be there regardless of the situation

• okay then let her.

• But is hard I don't know if I should fight for my family

What Guys Said 3

• Ughh how old r u both? That 's y i always say, u should thinkbout kids after turnin 25...

• Sorry I'm new to this
      We both turning 23 this year

• oh thanks bro 4 makin things clear then :)

at least u didn't run awy like other guys do

• No matter what I will never walk out my daughter life
      Even those knowing maybe I lost her

• You are stupid. How could you trust her?

• Because when you love someone you overlook all the flaws but I guess everyone giving the answer I was not expecting to hear

• Let her go.