Is my friend still not over his ex?

Back story: he is seperated from his wife, and they have been married 10 years. They haven't been together in 2 years. He since dated a girl, felt guilty about his wife, so dumped the girl and went back to his wife before realizing they shoild not be together. Leaves his wife and finds the other girl has moved on. He gets depressed, and three months later, seems to be coming out of it when he hears the girl is now engaged. He basically goes on a bender, sleeps around, ignores his friends, for 6 weeks or so. Finally he seems to be better. Then, today, he and i were hanging out and he hears a song that reminds him of the girl and says he is still in love with her and always will. Doesn't that seem crazy? He was only with her less than 6 months, and he has been single for close to a year. Plus he has known about the engagement for 5 months. I am hoping that this is the last relapse before he is done!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not uncommon for people to part ways with a significant other and effortlessly submit a portion of their hearts to them, even in their absence. This was described perfectly in 'The Age of Adeline' where you witness a married man with adult children and how he ended up settling down with a woman who won by default because the one he would have chosen first as his wife did not choose him back. The heart is a very fascinating corridor.

0|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Could be not sure

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• it is never done with a co-dependent man.

0|0
    0|0
Loading... ;