Does 'no contact' work when trying to get your ex back?

My ex and I broke up about a week ago. We had only been dating about 6 weeks. We had a ton of chemistry the first couple weeks and then he began pulling away. I tried giving him space, but was hurt by the silence. The major issue was the lack of communication. He kept saying he wasn't done with us, but then I'd get the cold shoulder. Just crickets. It ended when we were talking about something serious via text, and he stopped responding. I sent him a message saying something about "silence again" and I give up, and I won't reach out to him again. It's been 8 days and I haven't heard from him either. I still feel really hurt, disrespected, and manipulated by his silence that led to my outburst of saying I give up. Ordinarily, it is easy for me to move on, and I do so without looking back, but I can't seem to with this guy. I can't reach out to him, partly because I deleted his number, and also because of the line I drew. I know that I was being disrespected, but I miss him. It's all very confusing. So I guess, I want him back, but only if he stops what I view as childish silent treatment and communicates with me.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• does no contact work in getting someone back?
    it can but if that's what it takes I think that the foundation of the relationship isn't very solid. you shouldn't need manipulation tactics to make a relationship work. I think you should try, as hard as it may be, to just move on and not worry about this guy

What Guys Said 2

• Communication is key,
    Your problems are from having none, so what will no contact achieve?
    Out of sight, out of mind

• No communication is a great way to build relationships.

What Girls Said 1

• Out of sight out of mind.