Girls, I've been dating this girl for three weeks. Everything is going perfect until she tells me she isn't ready for a relationship. What do I do?

I'm 21 and she is 20. She came to my college her first year, then transferred to a different college her second year, and now she is back at my college. This girl is beautiful, trust worthy, and she has only had sex with two guys, including me. The first guy she's been with was a boyfriend she had for two years. They broke up 5 months ago. Three weeks into our relationship I think everything is going perfect. This girl is everything I could ask for. Three weeks into the relationship I am visiting home and she is talking to me differently. I know something is wrong with her and she won't tell me what it is. She tells me we will talk about it when I get back. I can only assume she is going to break up with me. I get back and she come over and the first thing she says is "I'm sorry, I have to be honest with you, but I'm not ready for a relationship." I'm heartbroken. I ask her some questions and she says it is possible her past relationship MIGHT have a little bit to do with it but she doesn't think so and she also says she just got back to her home town ( which is the college we go to) so she isn't ready for a relationship yet. Can I trust her answer? Or is there a reason why she broke up with me and is too scared to tell me? I can't think of another reason why she would but I can't help but think there is. Should I fight for this girl or let her go and only hope she gains feelings for me again in the future? Please send me your thoughts and give me some advice.

1

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't have to be etched in stone here, dear, the writing is on the wall That... She says it is possible her past relationship might have a little bit to do with it...
    She has been this Honest Jenny Jon with you on her own end so she doesn't start something she knows she may not be able to finish. She isn't over the Other just yet, knows you could end up a Rebound Robert, constantly comparing him to you and knows... it could go down a badly beaten path and War of the Roses.
    I feel she doesn't know you well enough to really judge anything but my heart and my wise ol mind is telling me Truthfully she got cold duck feet in going too fast into a Relationship with someone else and she cannot handle it right now.
    Be friends with her, if anything. If you want to stay in the running, feel she is worth it then start off slow with the flow. Just don't wear your poor heart on your sleeve in case one day... she should just leave.
    Life is a gamble so it's up to you if you want to take the chance into a potential but maybe possible.. Romance.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you, sweetie, for allowing me to lend a helpful hand with the ma'am.:)) xxoo

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!