How can I tell my girlfriend I cheated on her the delicate way?

Ok so I cheated on my gf! And our prom is coming up! She wants me to be her first kiss at prom but I don't deserve that kiss for what I did. She will wonder why I won't kiss her. Then my friends will get involved and they will want to know. Then I will have no choice but to tell them and ruin everyones prom night! I will tell hef eventually but prom is not the time! I kerp trying to think of reasons why I won't kiss her. But I can't think of anything.

96

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm trying to figure out what degree of cheating you actually did. If she's reserving her first kiss to be with you this tells me you and her haven't even had sex yet. Was your cheating just by kissing another girl or more?

Anyway, people deserve the truth or she will find out later and be even more mad that you lied and that will be her prom memory. Let her be in control of her emotions and how she wants to deal with it. Tell her you understand if she needs time, but you had to tell her so because you screwed up and are trying to right a wrong by knowing she deserves the truth.

You can start out by telling her you have to talk. Say that you love her and want to remain with her, you feel what you have to say is going to hurt her, but it needs to be said. Tell her you're sorry and you will do whatever it takes to make it up to her. Then do it. If she doesn't want to be with you, then respect that because you are ultimately taking her choice away by keeping this as a secret. You are preventing her from maybe even finding someone who respects and loves her and might be a better guy for her if you think this selfishly for keeping it a secret. But she must know. Even if you lose in the end, this whole thing will be a big life lesson.

I'm curious to what degree you cheated, because if there wasn't even sex to be had between you both, she might easily be upset but forgive you.

What Girls Said 8

• Let sleeping dogs lie as the old saying goes here, dear. You made a mistake, @AngelAngel, why go barking up the wrong tree by Beating yourself up over your Error of your sway way.
    If you don't plan on Cheating again, and I am trusting you won't, for you are guilty as sin in your own mind, then Forget it right now, pucker up, save your relationship and with saving the Day... Paint the town red and have a blast.
    Even eventually if you would spill the beans, it will definitely cause a big problem and you may not Only lose Her, but the Beautiful memory of a dance and a chance for romance that only comes Once in a lifetime...
    Go, my friend and sin no more.
    Good luck. xx

• ... He who is without sin, cast the first stone... None of us are alone. xx

• Tell her before prom so she can have the chance to go with someone else, you already ruined her trust and her plan for her first kiss so bow out now and leave her alone.

• pfeiffer , kissing disease, but better tell the truth, before prom night, tell her everything, how it went all the details, and tell her that you are so sorry, and that you just do not understand why you did this. Text it, it gives her some time to think before she replies.

• You tell her before prom so she can find someone else go with

• You should tell her as soon as possible. The longer you wait the worst your out come will be.

• listen you should still kiss her its the most amazing thing to have "first kiss" and with that cheating how did you cheat on her what did you do? if you tell me what you did i can help u figure out how to tell her

• There's no nice way or delicate way, however you say it it'll hurt, but it's big of you to do so and hopefully she'll appreciate that. You just have to tell her, there's no way of telling her, no matter how nicely you word it, that won't hurt her or piss her off.

• Why did u cheat on her

What Guys Said 6

• You bassically only have one option... Tell her that you aren't worthy of her and you're a big idiot but she's the best thing that ever happened to you and you'd do anything to keep her and you're sooooo sorry that you cheated on her and you'll do whatever it takes to earn her trust back. And make sure you Ball your eyes out the whole time

• You cheated. That terrible. But mistakes happen. that doesn't make you a horrible person per se. I mean, you obviously recognize you're wronged her... you need to come clean with her before you ruin her prom. There's no winning here. You fucked up. you know that. You need to do the most decent thing you can do right now and just be straight with her. If she dumps your cheating ass, at least her prom won't be one big lie. And it'll just go to show that even if you pull a totally dick move sometimes, you do have good in you.

Tell her. It's the right thing to do. And hope she gives you the second chance you likely don't even deserve. That's all the advice I can give you

• You need to man up and tell her to her face you cheated and feel remorse and tell her if she doesn't want to go to the prom with you that you'll understand. Not having a date or girlfriend is the price you pay for cheating

• You are 19 and going to the prom? You need to call her up right now, arrange to meet her, be a man, and tell her what you did. Then, accept the consequences. And let her free to be with real man who knows how to treat a woman with love and respect.

• By breaking up with her, so that you cannot cheat anyone

• tell her... "i stepped on a rock and fell over and shoved it inside a pussy by mistake... ."