Getting dumped through a text. Your thoughts and/or personal experiences?

What is so bad about being dumped through a text?
Have you ever been dumped through a text? What happened? What did they say?

34

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's pathetic, really.

It's a way of saying you don't respect a person enough to tell them face to face, it also shows weak character.

I think text dumping is appropriate when your soon to be ex has royally fucked up that they don't deserve anything other than a text.

For example, if you're out and about in town and by chance saw him in a cafe or something sucking face with another girl/guy.

But if the love simply faded away over time, that's just a shitty pussy way of doing it.

What Guys Said 4

• This actually happened to me once. I could not believe it. I thought WOW really? You are that impersonal that you would do this? Needless to say I have no desire to ever see her again. She actually invited me to see her 1 more time after she did it so I met her at a wings place. I barely looked at her, she said some more crap, I said my peace. She left first. I finished my food and left shortly after.

• I have never received a text. And no, I couldn't imagine that. That is something very important and personal, and needs to be done in person.

• Childish at best. But that's people today, as spineless and tactless as they come. Witless sacks of filth, the whole lot.

• Spineless yet you're answering behind anonymous? You have no place or right to judge strangers. Get over yourself.

• Yeah, after a few dates I got brushed off by text..
    Didn't mind too much, proved they were immature and not worth my time anyway

What Girls Said 2

• I haven't ever been dumped, but I think that's a bit cold and impersonal unless if they were cheating.

• It's an easy escape route and it's awful. I got dumped by text on Valentine's Day of all days and I still shudder at the experience. He didn't even have the guts to do it face to face.