Would you think any less of your boyfriend if he lost it?

I'm former military. I was in the police academy at the time.. lost one of my good friends. Was filing bankruptcy was absolutely broke. My girlfriend broke up with me a week later i failed my test at the academy.. I tried to her back. I couldn't sleep I couldn't function.. I couldn't focus. My life had literally fell apart in front of me. Was working for a temp agency doing random odd jobs. Again I couldn't sleep. I was a wreck. Last week I took some vicodin and Xanax just to calm me down.. had one bullet in my gun and I reminisced on the good parts of my life sitting there for a good hour. I had planned to kill myself there. Someone saw me and called the police. I didn't want to end up on the news. I didn't want a young cop to have to take a life I wouldn't want to put anyone through that. Anyways I got locked in a nut house for a couple days and now I'm back home. I know people are talking and I know she probabaly knows at this point. Obviously I'm unfit to be a cop I have no idea what to do at this point. I wish my woman was in my life again. I don't know how she would take this news. How ex girlfriend would. I hatw to be precieve as weak.

Bump.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Just worry about getting yourself together and moving on with your life. First of all there's more to life then what job you do, so if you can't be a cop find another passion and if you have no passion for work then just work a job to pay your bills and have a life outside of your job, it's all not a big deal, it's just work lol. As far as your ex goes, she left you, she obviously wasn't happy so let her move on and you move on too, it sucks missing someone but you're obviously not mentally ready for a woman right now anyway, so fix yourself first and get your head clear first. Stop worrying about what other people think of you, we all go through shit and do dumb shit in life, stop seeing yourself as weak and just focus on getting better, don't put any unneeded pressure on yourself.

What Girls Said 3

• sorry. I've been there myself, right down to being a police academy drop out, filing for bankruptcy, wanting to drown my problems away with alcohol and Percocet. Of course I thought about ending it because of a guy, but don't. You're young. Life changes. There is so much more to life than the here and now. Don't miss out on it. She may not perceive you as "weak," but maybe mentally ill or as a guy with WAAAAAAAAY too much baggage. Try to move on. Be selfish for once. Think about YOU. Better YOU, and you may find someone better. Trust me... I was you, but female... a decade ago. I'm a MUCH better person NOW, and I am with a MUCH better person. Of course at the time, it didn't feel that way. Please talk to a real life professional. Crisis line, suicide prevention hotline, counselor, social worker, priest, whatever. It's not worth it, no one is worth your life.

• No, I wouldn't. I'd actually try to help you. I'm sorry about what you're going through.

• I think you should get your life back on track first, start at the beginning. Even though helping your partner though things is important, you need to be yourself again before you can be in a healthy relationship. It sounds like she couldn't take the stress anymore. I don't know everything that happened of course, but maybe you should try to take it easy, not jump in to anything big to quickly.

Hope I helped a bit ^-^' Good luck by the way I hope you feel better soon : )

What Guys Said 3

• I would, honestly.

• I've had a massive down patch, similar side effects.
    And like a fog, one day something clicked and it all slowly started to lift
    Hang in there, you find out a lot about yourself when your at your lowest point.
    Best of luck mate

• There are support centers for former soldiers. You should look into them.

Good luck bro