How long do you wait to break up?

I have been dating this woman for 6 months. We were friends for a year before. We live together but I am no longer happy in the relationship. She complains all of the time and is bitter about work. I'm just unhappy. Should I wait a few weeks or should I break up with her now? I'm afraid of regretting it, but I just know I don't feel the same way anymore.

51

Most Helpful Girl

• I date women too so I completely understand how you feel. I feel like our emotions can go all over the place due to our hormones etc,, When I was with my ex girlfriend I had times where I wanted to leave but then eventually it would ware off and I then realised I am completely crazy over her and I wouldn't leave her for anything (I did dump her though, hence the EX part :p).
    My point is make sure you're 100% certain you don't want to be with the woman and its just not a hormonal (or anything else) thing because you'll only regret it. I fortunately never lived with my ex girlfriend (we dated for 3.7 years just didn't get round to buying a place together) but I knew we would sometimes annoy the living day lights out of one another, its expected when two females are together :P
    MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION! Best of luck!

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 4

• I would always recommend talking to her about the situation and see if you can improve. However, if you're truly unhappy, maybe give her a few weeks to check whether she improves on her own before leaving. Ultimately, only you can decide when it's time for you to leave, but you shouldn't stay in a relationship that doesn't make you happy.

• Well if you know you're not happy, why make yourself even more unhappy? And also, why spend time in a relationship with someone you don't care about romantically as much as you used to? You're kind of just leading the other person on wondering what's wrong... It's kind of selfish I'd say. Just break it off now.

• not long. when I get bored, I dump the guy on the spot

• I think you should break up now. Qhats the point in remaining unhappy.