GOT TOO CLINGY AND she's IRRITATED AND ACTS LIKE SHE WANTS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME, HOW MUCH TIME IS NEEDED?

I'll try to keep as vague as possible. I met this girl at school in the library. We exchanged numbers and hit it off right away. As I got to know her she told me about her dads drinking and how her ex was super controlling. I respected what she's been through and did'nt want her to feel I was controlling, which I'm not. however I finished my semester at school a few hours before her and we made plans for her to come over and relax when she finished. In celebration of me finishing I started to drink (weve drank together and she was fine with it). By the time she got there I was a bit tipsy, maybe drunk, so when she got there I was super happy to see her the day was wonderful to me however, not for her. she did bad on her 3hr final and forgot school supplies that couldve helped her. Me being out of my mind started to do things I would do normally and it would make her laugh and giggle (tickling and such). after that night she made excuses not to see me and explained that she didn't fell stable enough to be in a relationship, and wasn't ready. Also, that the way I was acting made her uncomfortable. I did'nt understand at first. but i put the two together and realized it but by that time she had become super distant and it made me panic like she did, just in the opposite sense. I tried to push things and kept showing her affection, apologizing, would make constant contact and make her realize I understood what happened but as of now she seems like she wants nothing to do with me becasue she is irritated by it. Which leads me to fear if she'll ever come back, even as friends and take things slow and if something unfolds then it will. In your honest opinion how much time do you think I give? We really enjoyed each other and made each other feel like there was hope for happiness in someone else since we both have had issues with ex's. Sorry that was'nt as vaue as i thought lol

As of recently I started the "no contact rule" so hopefully that will help the situation and allow me to emotionally move past this.

11

What Girls Said 1

• just leave her alone.

What Guys Said 1

• Mate, you have to leave her alone.
    With luck you have not done too much damage, but chasing her has already got you to this point, so any further just shoots yourself in the foot.
    It happens, maybe she'll come around, otherwise it's just a lesson learnt unfortunately

• timmy111
      -thanks that's what I am doing and taking it day by day.