How do I handle my ex being with other girls (READ DETAILS BEFORE ANSWERING!)?

Me and my ex had been seeing each other on and off for 2 years.
We just ended it for good because we were going round in circles, i thought we were more than he did and i just kept getting hurt.
I know it's for the best and i'm not actually really sad about it or anything.
We still go to the same uni & i want to try and be friends in the future so i'm not deleting him off social media etc.
However, he is a MASSIVE player/flirt/slut, loves the women, the attention etc. because he's lonely and thats how he feels good about himself.
This means that on my facebook he's always popping up as becoming friends with new girls, his snapchat always has jokes about wanting girls and i will undoubtedly see him with a girl at uni.
I'm not sad about this, it's just uncomfortable, like a flutter in my stomach and a nauseated feeling.
How do I handle this?

52

Most Helpful Girl

• Only way would be to hide him on social media if you're not going to delete him. There's literally no other way to handle it. It's either deal with it and see these things and upset yourself every time OR hide it and don't see it. Ultimately the only way to not care is to be 100% over him which you obviously aren't yet at this stage so it's going to take time and lots of self healing to reach that point.

What Guys Said 2

• I can very much tell you that women can handle this sort of thing much better than men.
    I firmly believe that the best way to get over someone is to start making memories with someone new.
    You're holding onto the past. You need to look toward the future and create a new past. Know what i mean?

• You're doing this to yourself; You're the one who wants to stay friends (for some stupid reason), so you're either going to have to stop talking to the guy or just suck up the fact that you aren't special to him anymore and that he doesn't want anything to do with you romantically.

There's no steps to take; Unfriend him or deal with it.

What Girls Said 4

• On Facebook there is an icon which you can press to hide anything he puts on there. So you can stillbe his ffriend but not see all his rubbish.

• Just ignore it. The more you are concerned about it, the more it will feel uncomfortable.

• You ignore him and do delete him from everything.
    There's no way you'll ever be friends

• I dated a guy exactly like this. I just tried to think of other things and soon I realize I don't think of him as much and stop caring.