I cheated on a great guy...

Ive had very rotten luck with guys and for awhile I all but gave up on the whole "boyfriend" thing, my trust was shot to hell. that's when Dan came into my life. we hit it off as friends great, and I knew he was one of those people who was just "good" I knew 100% he would never hurt anyone, so when he started developing feelings that were more than friendly I went along with it even though I still seen him as just a friend. I went along with it because everyone said I was crazy not to, everyone was jealous of his feelings for me and I knew I was safe with him so I went for it hoping I would eventually find feelings for him. He treated me with such respect and was amazing to me but those feelings I hoped for never came and his feelings for me seemed to deepen way to fast. unfortunately an old love (my only love really) came back into my life and I strayed from Dan one night. of course I broke it off with Dan, I gave him some lame excuse like just wasn't feeling it anymore and I didn't know what I want... by now Dan's figured out the truth and he is hurt and hates me...we have the same friends so we hang out all the time, I want our friendship back, any suggestions?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Well ain't much to do really. You just have to give it time and see what happens. There no way to trick someone out of their sadness. He's hurt. You must have told him your sorry. Well that's About the biggest and maybe only thing to do atm.

But when he loosens up just a little bit. (wich for you, he hopefully does. ) Tell him again your sorry and hope he will forgive you one day. It really lies with him in what will happen.

What Guys Said 4

• Yea he's not gonna be your friend... However you didn't have a real attraction to him and that is simply how it is.

• sorry no luck he hates you and that will never change cheating is the only thing a girl could ever do to get me to "hate" her you did the worst thing possible sorry to say he will never forgive you not fully he will always remember how badly you hurt him and sorry but to be honest you deserve it

• it's a tough one...you lead him on as well as cheated on him with your ex. I don't think there's anything you can do that would sway him back to your side. time is the key here..eventually he'll probably forgive but it's unlikely he'll forget. make it known to him how sorry you are...from there it's up to him.

• you hurt the guy... I don't know if he's gonna take you back...maybe give it some time. =[

What Girls Said 2

• I am a huge believe of HONESTY! You should have been honest with him, and told how you really felt. That you loved him, but in a friend way, and you really thought those other feeling would come with spending time with him, but they didn't...

• you broke his heart and treated him like trash and you just want to be friends? there are girls who would do anything to find a guy like that and you get one and can't even treat him right. you come across as very selfish. everything has to suit your needs and what you want, you don't seem like you think about others.