My ex just had a baby?

Myself and my ex have been apart for about a year and half now, I ended it. I was still in school studying had my final exams coming up and a relationship was the last thing I needed. He meant a lot to me and it was incredibly hard breaking up with him but I had too much going on. He naturally was upset but accepted it. Less than a month after us breaking up he had gotten himself a new girlfriend which I found out through Facebook. It was a bit of a shock, I mean less than a month? But whatever we had cut ties and all contact. I had also unfriended him on Facebook, it was easier for me to do so. This way I could get over him and I didn't have to know what he was doing. So I had went on Facebook about an hour ago and my friend had messaged me telling me he was now a dad to that same girl he got together with in less than a month after we ended.
Now I am over him completely, I don't love him or miss him and I don't know if I'm being stupid but is it wrong for me to feel "upset", I don't even know if that is the right word to describe it. I just, I really didn't think they would last that long. I thought she was his rebound I mean we were together for almost a year, it's not incredibly long but it felt like it. I was expecting they wouldn't last and seeing this makes me think him and her are more serious than I had thought and well more than we ever would have been.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's that wrong. I would be devastated if my last ex had a baby now because I guess it means there's no chance and there'll always be a baby in the way. I'd be confused too because he left me because he wasn't ready for commitment and always said he didn't want children.
    I don't think you're fully over him like you thought. You got yourself comfortable with the idea it was a rebound and now this has come as a huge shock that it was not a rebound (though it could be an accident that he didn't want). You will get over this eventually.

• I don't think it was planned to be honest but thank you very much that helped.

What Guys Said 3

• Well, you are clearly not over him.

I don't know whether you made the right choice in breaking up or not. But, either way, it's moot now. Move on. There is plenty more fish in the sea.

• It's over now. Please move on and find someone that you can be with no baggage. Trust me, you don't want to be in a relationship where the other person had a kid with someone else. You'll be bitter an resentful.

• You are over him completely and yet you feel compelled to write this? Interesting. I wonder if you even realize the how silly that sounds. But anyway, you broke up with him. Lucky for his new SO and child. He moved on quickly and that is what bothers you. You chose work over relationship, perhaps that indeed was the right decision given that you could actually do it which means that it may not have been right, especially since you say you are over him. I think this post is about bruised ego, nothing more.

What Girls Said 3

• I guess he wanted a baby and you wanted an education! You can always wait to have kids but your education can't wait forever! I think you are in the better situation, would you rather be the girl with the bright future? Or the girl who gave it all up to be a young mother?

• Oh no I would never have wanted a baby and he had never mentioned anything about kids. I just wanted to know that I'm not the only one who would feel this way, but thank you.

• I'd be upset too. Just move on and never talk to him again. Seems like he loves pushing shit up in your face. Fuck him!

• Its totally normal. Whenever you here news about someone you used to be involved with you can't help but think, "That could have been me". It happens. Just be happy for him and wish him and her the best - there is not much you can do about it. Their relationship may make you feel like he didn't care because he moved on too quickly but that is not what it really means. Im sure you will find someone who is truly special. I wish you the best!