How long should it take to get over someone you love? Its been 2 months and it still hurts. Why can't I move on?

How long does it take to get over someone you love?

51

Most Helpful Girl

• Being love, thats going to take awhile. Plus if you guys dated for an extended period of times thats going to take a while. For example: If you dated someone for 2 years, you have 2 years of attachment with them. Attachment makes it harder to move on

What Guys Said 1

• As you get used to life without them, it gets easier. That's why people recommend "no contact". It's only been two months, that's not a lot of time.

What Girls Said 4

• It depends on how long your relationship was. But it also depends on the sort of contact you have now. I stayed friends with my ex (his idea) and two months later I'm still crazy about him :( I think if I'd gone no contact I might have felt better by now so if you can do that it would be better. You go through stages, like bereavement. Anger is the best, hang onto that one as long as you can!

• I see him all the time :( whats good about holding on to anger?

• It means you don't feel sad!

• Usually they say half of the time you were together.
    Let say you were together for a year - in this case it should take you 6 months to heal yourself.

But every situation is unfortunately different. Don`t rush, take your time to grieve.

• love is a very deep felling and its hard to move on try to meet new people and do things you enjoy.

• Honestly, there is no specific time frame to get over someone you love... It can even go a year. Word of advice don't rush into anything and if you still want to cry about it do so... its normal. Take your time and as soon it all passes it will be completely over.