I got dumped I don't know how to feel better?

I got dumped because I wasn't dressed slutty enough. I'm loyal kind sweet I did nothing wrong. I guess I'm the type that likes to cover up when I go out. I feel very down because he left me to be with hotter girls. I know there's a lot of pretty revealing sexy women who he can date but I just feel so hurt, low self esteem, I guess my ego is damaged. I feel rejected unwanted cause of my looks. I don't know how to feel better.

76

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, first off, you are not ugly or anything like that. You are attractive, so don't take the dumping too hard.
    First off, if his reason was because you weren't dressed slutty enough like you said, than he isn't even worth being sad over. Most guys like that tend to be sharks and are only after physical things. They aren't in it for a full relationship.

Secondly, there are many revealing women out there. Hell, I'll be programming on Friday night at the dorm in the lobby (yeah, just got love being a computer science major) and I'll see tons of girls walk by. They'll be wearing revealing clothing and hooker heels. Sure, they may catch the eye of many guys, but I seriously doubt their looks are going to make them in a happy relationship. Like personally, and I know many other guys too, are turned off by women who dress too crazy. It makes them look desperate and only in it for a friends with benefits or fling.

So, in summarizing, you are doing fine. Don't change your character and personality just because a guy couldn't see you for you who are. The right guy will come if you wait. Don't force it or else it will just end in heart break.

Well, sorry for being long and probably a bit awkward haha. Hope I could help a little! If you have any questions, insults, misunderstandings, etc. feel free to message or whatever and I'll respond as quickly as I can.

TL;DR; Stay golden ponyboy

What Guys Said 5

• That's the most ridiculous reason to break up with someone. That gets said a lot but it's true. Most people have a bigger problem if their SO dresses too risque. Don't feel bad about yourself. If he's the type of person that wants to date a skimpy girl then you don't need to be with him. It's ok not to feel good for a bit that's part of a break up but know that it doesn't make you worth any less.

• Well, don't feel bad because of your looks... you are gorgeous.
    If he's going dump you based on what a girl wears, sounds like he has a very shallow personality and is not worth even being with. I know that doesn't help how you feel now, but just know that he is blind and has no appreciation for beauty...

• Dont say like that for a dumbhead douche i think you are too good for him that douche deserves strippers -_- what a douchebag

• Listen to some good music
    Talk to someone you are close to
    Share with em whatever you feel :)

What Girls Said 7

• He left u because u covered yourself more than other girls? :o wow... I understand that u're hurt and its hard.. But he really doesn't deserve u at all... If a " Boyfriend " leaves his girlfriend for dressing up in a More covered way , He's not a good boyfriend at all... Whenever u think about him Cut the thought and tell yourself That u r better without him ( U really will be better ) , Go out with ur friends and spend some time with ur family, Watch TV , Go for a walk , Laugh a lot it help :D and when u find the good boyfriend that will love u FOR WHO U R , U will be so happy :D but dont let that jerk ( Sorry for the word ) put u down coz u really r beautiful <3 and continue as u r, Dont change and wear whatever u feel comfortable with :) dont worry u will get better :) <3

• you should be happy that you break up with such a guy

• My ex did the same thing with me one month back so I can relate to your situation but girl trust me the guys who run behinds the sluts always end of up with a slut who has no moral and self respect.
    You just focus on yourself and try to make yourself and your career more powerful.

• Honestly you shouldn't be feeling that way coz it isn't your loss at all. Why settle for someone who would dump you just because of the way you dressed. That's shallow girl, you deserve someone better.

The best revenge? Show him you're strong enough and that you're even happier without him.

• dont feel bad.. you deserve better.. a gentleman..

• Hun girls like you are hard to find, don't change, you're beautiful. :) don't worry about it, you'll find a guy that will love a girl like you

• u can feel better jst by keeping in mind that u surely deserve better.. u r dumbd for being u. its good that u didn't change feel sorry for him dear