How do you get over a big breakup?

Yesterday, my boyfriend of 2 years broke up with me. I miss him so much and I keep on talking to him and all I does is make me cry. We made a huge mistake and it needed up bad for us both... Help me so I stop being a sobbing, needy, loser.

Okay.. He totally asked for me back and I'm too hurt to know what to do...

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Mine just broke up with me too, and surprisingly I had no big reaction to it tho it hurts real bad inside. All you can do is accept that you guys have broken up. If you think you want a future with him, and if the mistake made is not related to cheating, then take some time apart and consider getting back together afterwards. Don't rush it.
    And you're not a loser. It's not wrong to love someone a lot. If in any case you decided to give him up, I'll suggest that you guys not stay friends, that's what I'm doing right now too. It's real hard, forgetting someone who once and still matters so much to you. Even when I see him now, I chose to not acknowledge him, because I convinced myself that he'll be better off without me in his life. And well, bc I love him, I'll let him go and find someone better.

What Guys Said 3

• By distracting yourself by whatever means to get over him and that could be by hanging out with your friends much more, joining a gym to meet new people or try out activities with your friends. In time you should be able to get over the break up and by not thinking about him, avoiding him, ignoring him and cutting whatever connection you have with him should help you out.

• Well you can help yourself, just wait and you'll recover in time.

• Time is the only cure. Time will give you perspective and heal your wounds. I would not recommend talking with him anymore... best to make a clean break.

• Easier said then done... We go to dance together and often we are partners together... And then all our friends still are friends with both of us so I still have to hear about him and also he told me that he still wanted to be friends

What Girls Said 3

• My boyfriend of five years broke up with me a year ago. I spent the next ten months trying to get him back and it was totally on again off again. When it first happened I was blindsided and heartbroken. Over time though I started to see that it he wasn't going to change and the relationship would be rocky after because I wouldn't ever completely trust him not to hurt me again. My advice, as much as it hurts, take some serious space. Our brains release a chemical when we are with someone we have feelings for and after a while we get addicted to it so its quite literally like going through withdrawals. In the end follow your heart but don't forget to take your brain with you.

• I been going through the same too. my ex and I don't contact anymore whatsoever. we live in the same neighborhood and used to have the same group of friends. whenever he sees me he avoids and ignores me and I do the same too. its really awkward being around him I been trying to get over it by keeping myself busy and meeting new people. im trying to give myself time to heal since its the best way to do it. do something with your life and you will meet people along the way. tell him that he hurt you and need space for awhile

• Your young an I know it hurts like crazy but you will move on one day an be happy so just relax eat ice cream , go out with friends an live life. Whatever you do do not mope