Why am I so sad if I am the one who is breaking up with HIM? Is it because I think it's a mistake... Or?

We have only known each other for a week and a half, been official for a week. But it was so beautiful (the beginning). I mean, since date one it was magical, like we were meant to be. I can't explain it, but in all of my 21 years I have never so at peace and complete with another person as I did with him those first few days. And he felt the same (he's 27).

However, over the weekend I saw the person who he really is... Or his other side, I'm not sure. But I got a glimpse of what our future would be like if we were to stay together and I don't want it. He acted so gross, mean, selfish... I don't see him as this warm and kind person as I had before and I can't shake it. Sure we still have similar thoughts and opinions on life (almost to a T) but I can't date a guy who doesn't have a beautiful heart; im just one of those people who can feel other's auras and energies, and his is toxic, tainted.

I'm so depressed though because I'm remembering our other days and how beautiful it all was. I was so happy and thrilled to finally have met someone, and now I don't know where those feelings went or if I was just excited to be with anyone. He spent quite a lot of money on us for dates and gas, has told his brothers & sisters & parents about me, and his friends, and he has invested a lot of mental commitment to us (he even told me he looked through my facebook for hours & hours just to find more out about me). He is trying so hard for us to work out. I still care about him yet I can't be tied to someone who I am looking at in this light. It doesn't feel right. How do I do this?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• You have to do what is right for you. Where your heart is leading you. Sometimes losing something you love or want so bad is something you have to do to make you a better person. It is better to leave him then to continue and find out worse about him. Sorry but maybe he would have ended up being abusive and you leaving him just saved you from something like that.

What Guys Said 3

• You were in love (or in lust) with a person who never existed. Don't expect that he'll change to become that person of your fantasy. Just move on.

• It's just emotional investment. It's natural.

• guess u feel guilty coz of da good moments u had 2gether... or u feel dat u hurt him...

What Girls Said 3

• your only sad cause how you love the good side of him and you dont want to lose it but if his bad side hurts you then dont worry about leaving him your doing a good decision

• That happened to me to, I guess it's because we don't realize what we have until it's gone...

• well that's quite a rollocoaster for just over a week. break up though.

I've commented on ur other two posts about him - its wrong. the 'relationship wasn't working'

also I know you have strong feelings but you really are being quite elodramatic about it all. a week and a bit really doesn't constitue a real relationship hun. sorry.