Why do exes make small talks?

We've been for NC for a few months and recently he saw that I visited a random guy in another country (which leads to many people thinking we hooked up, OK fine, we did hook up).

And last night he texted me about the teddy bear he gave to me :/ I responded a little coldly though. Don't really wanna create too much tension between us. Have I made a good move?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, as long as you said nothing to hurt his feelings or anger him. You two were done for quite some time. You had to move on eventually. Maybe its time to have that talk -- about eventually becoming now, and you moving on.

The small talk is respectful. He doesn't want to pry in your business. But you moving on has given him a lingering feeling. He's just seeking it out.

• Hi! So stoked to see you commenting :) Yea I guess it's understandable for one to wanna know what's with his/her ex's new life, especially in dating life.

But what do you mean "eventually becoming now, and you moving on"? Don't quite understand what you're trying to point out?

• Awww, that makes me sad. You never know though. His heart may still feel the same, but his mind knows that it can't work out for logical reasons (distance, etc..).

• You may be right, but it's obvious he doesn't wanna do the distance. Whatever it is, until distance is out of the picture, I will just have to take it as he doesn't feel for me anymore..

What Guys Said 4

• I hate small take.

Small talk is for small people.

• I don't really know...

• Interested in you I guess.

But why respond 'coldly'?

• Because he's the one who left?

• Hmm okay I guess we are different then. I would have responded neutrally.

Has he contacted you again? :P

• Not yet since the last contact this Monday. Maybe I'm just overthinking.

• Yes good move... don't contact him... at all.. just stay away... 😊

What Girls Said 1

• Yes no worries