Guys, how do I get my ex back when he says he just wants to be friends?

My ex broke up with me a month ago after a three year relationship. He told me he felt that we weren't right together but that he wanted to be friends. I agreed foolishly and we have been meeting up since. Our latest meeting, I told him that actually I am over him and what we had because I feel like we didn't really know each other anymore. I said I would be willing to get to know him again and see if we are friends or more than friends but I finished by saying that if it be that we don't develop feelings for each other then it might be best if we aren't friends either. He seemed to be ok with this, if maybe a tiny bit of pain flashed across his face when I said we could never hang out just as friends. He went on to tell me all about his week and he chatted for half an hour a bout a tv show which he has just started watching and he knows I watch it too. He then got annoyed because I told him that one of his friends, the whole time wee were together, had been warning me that we wouldn't ever last and I joked that he was right. My ex really didn't like that and he kept bringing it up the whole day that his friend would do such a thing. My ex then made a comment on my body and how I looked fitter, he commented on my hair in a jokey way, he put his arm on my chair, he made a joke which I found so funny he kept repeating it throughout the day. As he began to relax he used a word which we created when we were going out and no one but us understand. Then as it was time to say goodbye he gave me an awkward hug and I said I wasn't sure when I would next see him. He said we can text and arrange to meet up next week. Is he just enjoying being friends or could I get him back?

1

What Guys Said 1

• guess u should if he doesn't seein anybody else now. all those signs r positive and i believe he likes u more than a friend, especially judgin by this line:

" He then got annoyed because I told him that one of his friends, the whole time wee were together, had been warning me that we wouldn't ever last and I joked that he was right. My ex really didn't like that and he kept bringing it up the whole day that his friend would do such a thing."