How to react when she gets a new boyfriend?

You all know the story. Girl breaks up with guy, wants to still be friends. Guy agrees hopeful of getting back together with her. Girl gets new boyfriend. How should the guy respond if his goal is in fact to win her back? How should he go about doing this?

25

Most Helpful Girl

• Not going to work. The guy has to move on with his life, staying and trying to be friends is like self-torture.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why are you even in contact with her? The best thing to do after a break up is to remove said person from your life, at least IMHO.

The fact that she has a new guy should be a bigger sign for you that you won't be getting back together, and that it's time to move on.

Trust me bro, I've been there, and all I achieved by hanging on to hope that we'd get back together was prolong my own suffering.