I just broke up with my boyfriend and now I just feel empty, help?

Me and my boyfriend broke up a few days ago. He had a few issues and they impacted on our relationship big time. We ended up breaking up because those issues ended up effecting how he felt about me and as a consequence how I felt about him. We have ended amicabley and when we have talked since there are no gushing feelings about how we should get back together... infact i feel very platonic with him now. But i just can't shake this empty feeling. I have no motivation to keep going and they days just seem so long and empty. I'm not suicidal but life dose seem to be pretty pointless right now and I have underlying feelings of how I will never find anyone ever again. He was my first love and whilst I knew this would be hard I just want to pull out of it. Any tips or advice? anyone fancy just chatting?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Routines are difficult to let go. You were used to having someone to attend to or someone attending to you and now that's gone but it's about developing new routines with your extra time and energy.

Many couples get back together because the unknown was too scary or out of sheer boredom. I can tell you that keeping in contact with him does not help no matter how "platonic" the two of you want to make it.. it's still "using" in that sense. Breakups suck, but being cold and cutting it off will move things along.

Advice: Think of goals you have in life, where do you want to end up career wise? What sort of activity did you always want to get into? What sort of friends / support system would you like?
    - Focus on these aspects of your life, generating positive activity always helps when things get gloomy and when you knock down goals? Even better.

What Guys Said 2

• Pointless just coz of a break-up? Anyway how long u've been 2gether? If it was for a long time i understand how u feel, but i guess it'd bbetter 2 moce on if u see chances r u won't get back 2 him...

• Repair the relationship?

What Girls Said 2

• You are perhaps afraid of the unknown. You are used to having a routine set in place and how everything should be while with this person. Now that he is gone, you feel lost, out of place, not knowing what is going to happen next. I say, refocus and rethink what your goals are, what you like doing, put some things in place, have plenty enjoyable activity, hang out with some friends and go with a flow. Don't think about the future too much, just live in the now. Everything will fall back in place on your new terms and you will be happy. Only then when you are happy with yourself, someone new will cross paths with yours ;)

• give yourself some time.