What does my ex mean by this?

He was the one who ended the relationship 4 months ago but has continued to contact me and just a few days ago he said "We can always be together" and also "If a guy tries to take you he'll have to get through me." Is he just keeping in contact with me so I don't move on?

52

Most Helpful Guy

• clearly he's interested... his line "If a guy tries to take you he'll have to get through me." says it all...

What Guys Said 1

• Yup yup. Sorry to be blunt. :p

What Girls Said 5

• Sounds like he doesn't want the pressures of a relationship with you but he wants to be the only to have you.

I do think he's doing that so you won't move on. Very manipulative.

• ugh, he sounds like my ex. Long story short - after 1 year of manipulation I realized I deserve better and ended it with him. he's most likely trying to manipulate you so he can do what he wants with other girls and then come back to you when he wants a relationship.
    (My ex asked me if I would breakup with him and I said "no never", to that he responded "good" and broke up with me 10 minutes later).

• Sorry to hear about that, guys can be such jerks

• yes ! maybe he has better plan for the two of you.. and he has broke up with you.. just understand the situation and try asking him why he told you those stuff..

• I think he might be. But, why is he saying these things if he wanted to break up?

• he's not over you.