We only went out for a month. Why can't I get through this?

I feel like I'm being so dramatic. But I just feel completely dead. There isn't anything I like to do anymore.

I dated him for just a month, and he left me because I wouldn't commit to him right away. I was just being cautious because my last boyfriend hit me. I didn't mean to make him think I was rejecting him.

I've been holding on hope of reconcilliation since he broke it off 3 weeks ago but I'm starting to lose faith. This is ridiculous. It was short and it's been awhile since it happened, but it's just getting harder. What's wrong with me?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• You are very smart here, dear, with Not wearing your heart on your sleeve so fast because of the past. And with the guy whom 'I dated for just a month' walking away because you didn't want to be hooked at the hip right away, I feel it was unfair of him to have even rushed himself and you into a Real Relationship as Quickly as he tried to do.
    He Obviously was Ready for something more in store than you were and if he didn't understand, then he was not worth your own time of day.
    Next time, before things get heated up to such a level, Level with someone right from the start that you are just looking to go slow with the flow.
    There's Nothing 'Wrong with you,' you did Nothing wrong. You were burnt before and want to make sure you don't get too close to the flames again with the wrong man.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you :) I really appreciate your kind words :)

• Oh, so happy to oblige and thank you, looking forward to this.:)) xx

• PS... and happy you are feeling better. xxoo

What Guys Said 3

• Nothing. It's a tough situation you were in. Don't let it get you down, though. I know it's tough now, but it'll get better.

• Nothing is wrong with you at all. He's not the guy for you

• Hey I've seen you answering a lot of questions similar to this in the feed and I was wondering if you could give me your opinion on mine.

• Thanks :)

• Whats wrong is you were destroyed by the guy who hit you and now have trust issues which is why you didn't commit to this other guy now he left and your sad its time to let the past go!

What Girls Said 2

• Obviously you're going to be hurt no matter how short or long the relationship lasted. You had feelings for him and only time can cure that pain. If it didn't work out it's because he's not the right guy for you, but chin up it's only been 3 weeks so don't make assumptions.

• Thanks :) :) I do want to hold on hope i just don't know if it's stupid for me to

• There is nothing wrong with you! Being cautious and whatnot is completely acceptable. Its his problem that he wasn't going to wait for you. Find someone who treats you the way you want to be treated. Someone who will wait for you :)