How to let someone go?

What is the easiest way to let someone you love go? I found out 3 days ago that my boyfriend has been cheating on me for a year with 4 different women and i ended the relationship with him when i found out however it feels impossible to actually let him go, does anyone have any advice or anything i could try and do that could help with this?

45

Most Helpful Girl

• The words we tell ourselves is very powerful. Read back on what you wrote. "it feels impossible to actually let him go" you are setting yourself up for creating this situation to be an impossible one. train your brain and tell yourself a mantra everyday. Very successful people do this. * I am worth a lot, I deserve to be treated well with respect, I have value, I am moving on and will be much happier in my future* I swear this works. I was in love with a guy for 9 years, same thing thought he was my soul mate, amazing passion best moments, best friends inseperable etc... I thought I could never move on or let go. He treated me like shit though and I woke up... a little too late... and realized i deserve someone who loves me! he didn't. You have to just immerse yourself in your passions once again, fill your time up with everything and anything, except for harping on him in any way. work out, meditate, write your feelings out, make yourself happy again! sorry about what you went through, he sucks!!

What Guys Said 5

• https://youtu.be/RBumgq5yVrA

The answer is within the song.

• Yes I can. Every time you think of letting him back in your life think about all the lies, deception and hurt he caused you and think of him kissing and banging other women. That will piss you off and you won't ever want to talk or see him again.

• Just remember what your worth is and that you deserve way better than to be used as a door mat.

• The best way to let go of someone you love is when they're hanging off a cliff.

• Damn what a champ.

What Girls Said 3

• The best way, I say, is No Contact whatsoever here, dear. This way he hasn't got a chance to try and sweet talk his way back into your heart with his Own... Cheating heart.
    Good luck and there is someone out there Who... Doesn't cheat between the sheet. xx

• You can't really force yourself to let go of someone altho the fact the he cheated should do the job faster. You dont deserve a guy like that.

• Im sorry to hear that :/ I had trouble with this when i broke up with my boyfriend and it is extremely hard to let someone you love go but obviously you know its a necessary step to getting your life back and being happy again, my advice to you would be focus on yourself in this time, remove anything from your life that reminds you of him, don't contact him and fight the urge to talk to him, also another thing that i read somewhere when you're trying to let someone go is take your time with it, don't rush yourself, imagine in your head there is a ribbon one side has your ex boyfriend and the other side has you holding onto that ribbon instead of holding onto it take your scissors out and mentally cut it (the ribbon that is) x