Still love him though he cheated and hit me?

I'm angry hurt and sad but there's still apart of me that still loves him. I hate the fact that I do and if I were to ever agree to see him again I think I'd cry. I can't believe the same man I first met has changed and I don't know where we go from here.

63

Most Helpful Girl

• I will say this from experience I was like that one time and now I have no idea why he would cheat on me over and over hit me beat on me and through all that I still loved him I wouldn't go anywhere why I don't know crazy I guess until one day he walks out on me it never changes and he would come back periodically I thought because he loved me but no because he had no where else to go and it would start over again then he would leave I ever hurt my family because of him then when I finally said no more and was with someone else he wanted to be sorry and say I always loved u I didn't mean to hurt u and all that bs I kicked him out the door OK sorry for all that but my point is don't be like that please don't move on I know it hard I really know it is believe me but u will be so much better off if u do and if u go back it will only get worse yeah they will act good for a couple of weeks but then the cycle starts again and buy the way mine wasn't like that in the beginning either he was a preacher son u never know

• Thanks for the mho

What Guys Said 3

• Go to a friend, share your anger, frustration and everything else, talk till u can't and then you'll feel lighter
    then listen to your friend and follow the advice they give you

• Well its quite obvious you need to move on... you will find someone better... I know it sounds corny and overplayed but it holds truth

• Leave a cheater. They ALWAYS cheat again an again. They lie again and again. It never ends.

What Girls Said 5

• Surely you do know where to go from here. You walk in the opposite direction to him and keep on walking.

Don't pine for a man who treated you like crap. You put up with it once, you put it with it several times. It's a vicious circle.

Try to forget about him and over time, find someone who is actually worth your love.

• Going through a situation like that can be so tough. I know that sometimes the victim almost makes up excuses for why their partner acts like this. But there is never an excuse to hit anyone. I think in time you will come to realise this. You deserve so much better but it is so hard to make that first step towards getting over them. I'm sure there will be a whole rollercoaster of emotions that you go through before you get there but just remember it was not anything you did that made him like that.

• If a man truly loved and cared for you, he would never do those things. Sometimes we dont truly know a person until we have seen them at their worst, life isn't always as pretty as it seems. you deserve better. dont let your emotions and history with him blind your judgment

• First recognize that your feelings are valid in this situation, all of them. If you're in a relationship when it ends, especially under terrible circumstances, there is going to be a mourning period because you like everyone else who breaks up, will always sort of have that, what could have been feeling in your heart. For you though, dating this person is much like dating a rabid dog. He may have once been sweet and loving and kind, but now, no matter how much you love him and want to care for him and take him in, he is going to bite you and he may end up killing you if you don't realize that you need to break off the relationship for your own well being. Talk to someone about your feelings, a trusted friend, who can help you see from the outside looking in, and who can keep reminding you, if you don't feel it, that you do absolutely deserved to be loved by someone who loves only you and who doesn't hit you. You've done the powerful first step of breaking it off, now take the next step and the next and keep moving until you find someone who will absolutely be in your corner and love you without wanting to hurt you.

• Of course a part of you you still loves him and still believes he can be that same man you fell in love with. I'm guessing that's why so many women stay with abusive and/or unfaithful partners. And honestly I can't blame them - if my boyfriend did something like that to me, I'd be heartbroken and disgusted but still wouldn't want to lose him. I'd try to convince myself it was just a one-time thing.

Then again, cheating on or hitting your girlfriend (or wife) means the man you once loved has changed, and not for the better. So the truth is, you've got to move on for your own peace of mind. Maybe what you need IS to see him again (in a public place) so you can get some closure. Either that, or message/email him that he hurt you really badly but you know deep down he's not likely to change, and that's why you're choosing to move on. Then delete all his contact info and truly sever all ties with him.