Did I do the right thing?

I loooove my boyfriend. He's the sweetest most charming guy I know, he's private so he keeps to himself and he's stubborn in all the right ways. I think he's so handsome and I can't see anybody else but him!
But... I feel neglected. When I am with him, I am the most happiest person on the planet. So do freaking happy. Then he tries to leave and I get so so depressed.
here's the problem: he has never taken me on a date by his planning. He's invited me to hang out with him and his friends and he thinks that's all a date is. Oh and watching Netflix.

but here's the thing. The only time he makes free for me is at night around the time that everything's closed so we can't do anything but watch Netflix and have sex.. Of which he will leave me an hour after. (Sometimes to go hang with his friends) He refuses to let me comeover to his house when his families there because he thinks we're going to have sex and that I'll be too loud.
i asked him if we could do all these things together and he agreed that would be fun, but he never fell through. I'm always the one to plan and pull things through to finish. Like the man in the relationship.
He tells me he loves me, but he doesn't do anything to show me that he does! I offered to play video games with him!! I don't care for them, but I wanted to spend more quality time with him! I always watched whatever he wanted and I'd give him gifts allll the time. I invested a lot of time and effort.. I feel it's all gone to waste. But I love him, maybe breaking up with him was not the right thing? I cry everytime I think of him moving on and trying to get with another girl... I do love him! But we started off wrong. I feel like he can't fully committ to me because of always cry and bitch to him about him not loving me. He'd have to convince me and it just wasn't healthy for either of us... Right?

113

Most Helpful Guy

• U need a new guy
    the road to recovery will start when you find yourself a friend and discuss this with that person, when they tell you what you are doing is wrong and how its hurting you then you will realise how foolish you are and leave this guy
    YOU DESERVE WAY WAY WAYYYYY BETTER THEN THIS GUY

What Guys Said 12

• maybe his family might b strict, it might b true... although yeah seems like he's avoidin u, and he was takin advantage of u... so not a good guy in my opinion

• Okay... ummm
    In my opinion
    You seems to be a best type of girlfriend 😉👌
    And best needs best
    All I wanna say is that some guys nowadays are in a meaningful relationships 😶 so it's like I'm not sure if he's the one of that type but you should do something for this 😊

• I think its always best to threaten a breakup before actually doing it. Sometimes its enough to scare them into pulling their act together, so that you can salvage the relationship.

But in your case, its a little to late for that.

• Well, if a girl reaches a point where she expresses herself like you do, you know you're in trouble. He's not worth it

• I seriously don't think you did the right thing!!! Maybe he is shy to take you out? He did love you... ! You should have given it a bit more time...
    Go back to him.. Take him back!!

• Your completely right, if he wasn't ready to go the extra mile for you just as you did for him and for once put you before himself of his friends... He doesn't deserve you. you'll find a guy that will reciprocate all the nice things you do... And when you do, he's a keeper, that last guy is just a self centred douche... I can say that because once upon a time, i was that guy. I got my eyes opened and thank god i did :)

• Nice college essay there, friend.

• Move on sounds like he wasn't that interested in you to begin with

• oh lord you offered him to play video games where hqve you been till now? :p

• I think you did the right thing child. Sweet, nimble, vulnerable child...

• He doesn't love you and he's leading you on.

• you're just stupid. You just get a fuck "boy" friend. Is it worth? NO. I would dump that kind of girl just for sex, If you want real love it's not just about sex and so on.

Cry because you're really stupid sorry, but you are. He's just playing with you.

What Girls Said 1

• He seemed like a complete waste and he apparently has your mind messed up with you thinking your the victim. He sounds like he didn't try hard enough or cared about you at all. Also it seems like he was not into you the same way, you were with him. in my opinion either you were just a convenience or side chick. And trust me, I had a relationship before with a guy just like this. Maybe its not his parents he is worried about, maybe its another WOMAN like seriously that speaks volumes if in fact you never met them or been over to his place. Especially if he still lives with him or they live closeby. He definitely isn't fighting for you now it seems and I think thats whats really hurts. Hugs Girl you could a million times better. Get your best girl pals and go out, party and live life respectfully of course... HUGS