Dinner with my ex-girlfriend tonight?

So my girlfriend of two years and I broke up one week ago today [ also she broke up with me ]. A couple days later, I sent her flowers and an email, explaining how I was feeling and what not. She thanked me for the flowers, but didn't know what to say to the email just yet, and said that we had a lot of thinking we had to do.

Fast forward a couple days, she had sent me a really long email, explaining all of her feelings and where she was at, and how she doesn't know if we can fix this, or if there is anything to fix. I didn't respond to the email.

The next day, a package she ordered was delivered to my house in the evening. I sent her a message saying that I got the package and I wouldn't mind dropping it off. I then told her that I read her email, and had a lot of things I wanted to talk to her about, but didn't think it was a good idea to talk about them in an email, and asked her to dinner. To which she agreed, then immediately said that it didn't mean we were getting back together, and that we still have a lot more time and work to do before we consider getting back together. I agreed.

Yesterday, our friends got engaged. She sent me a message telling me, we chatted for a short period, and I asked her why she didn't seem very thrilled that they had gotten engaged. She told me that they still wanted to get together next week for a double-date, but she hasn't told anyone about the break up and doesn't want to have to tell anyone, but doesn't want to do 'couple' things while we aren't together. I told her that I understood and that I was open to it either way, to which she responds 'but we don't know if we are going to be back together'. At that point we decided it was a conversation best kept for tonight.

I don't know what to be expecting. Thoughts?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it's Good-bye, my love forever. And with two "EX" who still Mark an X in one another's hearts, it's still new with the this break up and getting together for dinner May Mean... Going to be Back together one day.
    Open lines of convo are one of the most important factor in any new or old relationship. With this newbie split up, it's good that Now is a good time to get on the same page while everything is still fresh and no one has really begun to lick their war wounds. In fact, 'She hasn't told anyone about the break up' which is a good sign here, dear.
    Go slow with the flow and see where it goes. She may agree to just go easy at First and let the test of time and old Mother Nature do the rest for something that may end up to Be... The best.
    With 'Conversation best kept for tonite,' start thinking of all the special things that are needed in this Way... To save the day.
    Just some food for thought...
    Good luck. xx

What Girls Said 1

• You guys should definitely talk more and cancel the double date. I say just focus on eachother, then if you can't reconcile tell them together and remain friends. Good Luck and Prayers, I feel for you both.

What Guys Said 1

• guess since her friend asked her for a double-date she asked u to come along... just for a "favor" maybe